Main Menu

BCUT Slides

Started by Capt Rivera, January 29, 2009, 11:11:50 PM

Capt Rivera

After searching here, there and everywhere else, I can't find slides for BCUT training. At one time I had access to a good set, but have obviously misplaced those.

If you have a set, please use the Email icon to the left and send them to me. If I manage to get them with enough time to become familiar, they will be used at tonight's meeting.

If they are not received with enough time for me to do the training tonight, they will be used in the future so your efforts to send them will still be appreciated.

Thank you!
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

RedFox24

Try this.........ohwg.cap.gov/eagle/BCT_Feb06.ppt

or  www.cap.gov/documents/BCUTPPT.PPT

There was a "better" set out of Texas or California, don't remember which, but cant find them......

Hope this helps
Contrarian and Curmudgeon at Large

"You can tell a member of National Headquarters but you can't tell them much!"

Just say NO to NESA Speak.

Capt Rivera

Quote from: RedFox24 on January 30, 2009, 01:36:03 AM
Try this.........ohwg.cap.gov/eagle/BCT_Feb06.ppt

or  www.cap.gov/documents/BCUTPPT.PPT

There was a "better" set out of Texas or California, don't remember which, but cant find them......

Hope this helps

Thank you. Got what I need. Unless someone has something that may be more current then... well... I don't know... something not current :)
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

ThorntonOL

Who is allowed to give BCUT's and ACUT's?
Would like to see more of my unit trained but no real idea of who can do the training.
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

davidsinn

Quote from: ThorntonOL on February 02, 2009, 10:06:01 PM
Would like to see more of my unit trained but no real idea of who can do the training.
I'm not sure if this is an INWG or a national thing but our DOK told me that unit CC and CommO can give BCUT if they already have it. ACUT must be given by someone that the DOK approves.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

JoeTomasone

Quote from: ThorntonOL on February 02, 2009, 10:06:01 PM

CAPR 100-1 gives the Wing Director of Communications the authority to appoint trainers within the Wing.

Members are authorized to operate CAP radio stations upon certification by wing or higher authority. Application for certification may be made after attending a communications orientation class, referred to as Basic Communications User training (BCUT). At wing level and below, this class is conducted under the oversight of the wing director of communications who will designate qualified trainers within the wing.

(similar language is used for ACUT)

Check with your Wing/DC.