Main Menu

S-3 Report

Started by Alpha, January 26, 2009, 11:41:46 PM

Alpha

S-3 Reports are due in 5 days.

I have been looking everywhere on the Wing web site, in e-services, on the group site....I can't find the blank form anywhere!

Where can I get one????

lordmonar

You have to have access to CATS to get your copy of the S-3.

If you don't have access to CATS then call your WSA and have them give you access.  In the mean time wing can print and fax a copy of the S-3 to you.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Alpha

Quote from: lordmonar on January 26, 2009, 11:50:57 PM

If you don't have access to CATS then call your WSA and have them give you access.  In the mean time wing can print and fax a copy of the S-3 to you.

OK...at the risk of sounding ignorant...what's CATS?

Alpha

Also...that link gave me a CAP form 38.

Is that the s-3? If so it's no [darn] wonder you can never find anything .

Everyone calls it one thing but it is listed as something else..

What's up with that???  Is it a CAPF 38,  or an S-3 ???

RogueLeader

the s-3 is a combination of the CAPF 38 and the 111, both can be downloaded from the link above.

You should also get familiar with the CAPF 37 series.
As for What CATS is, I don't know either.  I think it might have have to do with a Real Property survey.  Again not for sure. Contact your Wing LG.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

brenaud

Quote from: Alpha on January 27, 2009, 12:34:54 AM

CAP Accountability and Tracking System (per CAPR67-1).

...at least that's what it stands for.  For more info I'll defer to someone involved w/logistics since I'm not.
WILLIAM A. RENAUD, Lt Col, CAP
TNWG Director of Personnel & Administration
GRW #2699

RogueLeader

There we go, I knew it sounded familiar.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

davidsinn

I know CATS tracks computers and similar non-expendable items.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

CATS Tracks property of any kind that is on your "books".

CEMS tracks communications equipment, however work is being done right now to move comms to CATS.

Generally the Wing LG or designate will send down fresh S-3's through channels (or direct) for review / update / return.

Generally the Wing DC or designate will send down fresh S-8's through channels (or direct) for review / update / return.

YMMV by wing, however if you don't have access and a working knowledge of CATS and CEMS, respectively, and your wing isn't sending the reports downstream, its going to be real difficult to accomplish this task.

"That Others May Zoom"

Laplace

Quote from: RogueLeader on January 27, 2009, 12:43:08 AM
the s-3 is a combination of the CAPF 38 and the 111, both can be downloaded from the link above.

You should also get familiar with the CAPF 37 series.
As for What CATS is, I don't know either.  I think it might have have to do with a Real Property survey.  Again not for sure. Contact your Wing LG.

S-3 is listing of all non-expendable equipment assigned to a specific squadron or the Wing.  A signed original S-3 needs to be returned to the Wing LG after verification that all items listed are present.  I send ours to each respective squadron, but some Wings give the squadrons the ability to get into CATS.  They must be returned to the Wing LG before March 31.

Real Property Surveys are done this time of year also to show any changes in the property squadrons own, lease, rent or use for meetings, storage, hangers, etc.  A Real Property Survey is completed by the squadron and returned to the Wing LG.  He or she will enter the correct info into CATS.

lordmonar

Quote from: Alpha on January 27, 2009, 12:34:54 AM
Quote from: lordmonar on January 26, 2009, 11:50:57 PM

CATS is CAP Asset Tracking System.  You get access to it through E-Services if you have been given access to it by your WSA.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

jimmydeanno

Do a CAPWATCH Download, then print the "Real Property Inventory Report."  No special access, no searching.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

badger bob

The S-3 is the current report on equipment assets of a unit/wing as reflected in the CATS system. CATS is also the current inventory system for Aircraft (S-1 inventory report) and vehicles (S-6 inventory report). Communications equipment is inventoried in a different database- CEMS and the communications equipment inventory is the S-8.

Your wing logistics or communications directors will typically send copies to each unit at this time of the year for a verification that the records are accurate.

Access to CATS can be enabled by the Web Security Administrator at your level of required access. Access to CEMS is generally restricted to wing communications directors.

The CATS inventory database and the CEMS inventory database will transition to new database in the near future.
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
National Volunteer Logistics Officer- Retired
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320

RickFranz

Just as a side note, SIMS has a S-3 type printout in it.  It is under the CAPWATCH tab.  At least you should be able to see what is on the list.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1