Think you know 39-1? You don't know jack...

Started by alamrcn, January 22, 2009, 06:20:52 PM

alamrcn

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

ThorntonOL

Well first of all no one is wearing it and second of all he said that he has no idea what most of the decorations are for. (so to speak)
Now if you want to pick apart what they are for and who they are for that might be more fun.
Former 1st Lt. Oliver L. Thornton
NY-292
Broome Tioga Composite Squadron

cnitas

The CAP buttons are pretty cool.  Too bad someone ruined the ribbons.
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Stonewall

How did you get a picture of my uniform?  Gosh!

Serving since 1987.

Pylon

Quote from: Stonewall on January 22, 2009, 06:46:41 PM
How did you get a picture of my uniform?  Gosh!

Is that your new proposed Ultimate Kirt Corporate Dress Uniform (UKCDU)?   >:D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

capchiro

It kinda resembles the uniform of the Navy of the great State of Nebraska, don'tcha think??
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

alamrcn

I was being fecesious of course... Picking apart member uniforms on CAP-Talk is illegal! So let's go with naming some of the stuff on this uniform...

The actual CAP parts of the service coat is mid-60's. "Cadet First Sergeant" chevrons worn like that started in 1960, and that version of the Cadet Breast Badge was discontinued in December 1966.

I see a 25th Infantry "Tropic Lightning" pin.

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

BillB

The red, white and blue training ribbons were dropped in 1965, and who ever heard of an encampment ribbon being higher than the cadet COP?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

NIN

Hey, who snapped a photo of my uniform from my cadet days?
* NIN is kidding.  I was a cadet in MI Wing, but way, way after sew-on grade insignia & the two-piece nametags...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

ColonelJack

Quote from: capchiro on January 22, 2009, 07:09:12 PM
It kinda resembles the uniform of the Navy of the great State of Nebraska, don'tcha think??

Not really ... unless I can put my gold admiral's shoulderboards on it!!

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

JohnKachenmeister

One lapel has US Army military police officer branch brass.
Another former CAP officer

SarDragon

Quote from: cnitas on January 22, 2009, 06:46:25 PM

I think I still have a set of those buttons. The rest of the uniform went away years ago.

Ruined the ribbons? The slightly different sizes were typical back then. That's an early to mid-'60s set of ribbons.

As for the presentation in general, it was a creative way to show all the stuff he's got.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

winterg

SarDragon

Quote from: winterg on January 22, 2009, 11:03:58 PM
I kinda like the stripes.  :)

Yeah, bet you never had to sew them suckers on, did you? I was so glad to see them go away. My mom was nice enough to do the stripes for my first promotion, then very quickly saw the light. She sat my  young [FPOC] down at the sewing machine and taught me to do my own [darn] stripes (and all the other crap that needed sewn on). And today, oh, how I hate sewing the CAWG patch.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Becks

Quote from: SarDragon on January 22, 2009, 11:32:51 PM

Yeah, bet you never had to sew them suckers on, did you? I was so glad to see them go away. My mom was nice enough to do the stripes for my first promotion, then very quickly saw the light. She sat my  young [FPOC] down at the sewing machine and taught me to do my own [darn] stripes (and all the other crap that needed sewn on). And today, oh, how I hate sewing the CAWG patch.

Guite has sewn on more than his fair share of stripes in his time.

BBATW

winterg

Quote from: Becks on January 23, 2009, 12:10:49 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on January 22, 2009, 11:32:51 PM
Guite has sewn on more than his fair share of stripes in his time.

LOL  Yeah, ask anyone about the official tailor of NBB!

Grumpy

Quote from: cnitas on January 22, 2009, 06:46:25 PM

Other than the top row is reversed I believe they're correct.  I have a COP ribbon with the three clasps.  I don't remember what the center ribbon on the top row is.  I wore the first sergeant stripes before I got my pip and left for the AF.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Grumpy on January 23, 2009, 08:13:15 PM
Other than the top row is reversed I believe they're correct.  I have a COP ribbon with the three clasps.  I don't remember what the center ribbon on the top row is.

Center top is the Cadet Recruiting Ribbon.  So it's definitely out of order, it's the lowest ribbon a cadet can earn.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

ol'fido

Under the 25th ID pin are metal pins in the shape of  the Army Commendation medal and the RVN Campaign Medal. The other madal pin looks like a National Defense Service Medal. The DUI on the right pocket next to the Cavalry sabres looks like either The JFK Special Warfare Center or the 21st or 22nd Infantry Regimant.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006