Main Menu

Squadrons in England?

Started by JoeTomasone, January 15, 2009, 04:45:45 AM

JoeTomasone

Quote from: SarDragon on January 16, 2009, 01:31:17 AM
Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 15, 2009, 02:31:29 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on January 15, 2009, 07:59:48 AM
According to here, dated 8/08, there are currently no OS units in England. There are two in Japan, and two in Germany.

Bummer -- but how did you find that???

Click the word "here" in the quote. It's a link I forgot to underline in the OP.

I saw the link - I was wondering how you came upon it.    I searched National's site and did not find it.

SarDragon

I've had it bookmarked for many years. I even have it backed up in a text file, just in case. I'm not sure where it's linked from on the current site.

Well, I got curious, and found it.

http://level2.cap.gov/ , then click Site Map, then it's under the Member Services bullet, almost to the end of that section.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

O-Rex

Quote from: JoeTomasone on January 15, 2009, 11:04:48 PM
Quote from: O-Rex on January 15, 2009, 10:20:22 PM
Joe:  Are you going to FLWG Conf at the end of the month?  If so, get some MARMITE when you're in the UK (yum!)  We'll hook up an chow down  :P

Haven't decided yet - General Tomasone is a little upset at the amount of weekends away this month thus far......

Career tip: get your hall-pass for Conf's from "household-six" early. . . .

That way if things come up in the interim, and you get b*tched at for attending the conf, you say "but honey, I reserved that a MONTH ago.."  There is about a 65% chance that it will fly  ;)   I always noticed that my CAP participation drops dramatically for a couple of weeks after WingConf, and by strange coincidence, a lot of odds and ends around the house seem to get done. . .  :-\

PM me if you decide to go.

Judy: sounds like they have FUN there: perhaps more of us 'yanks' need to infuse some F-U-N in C-A-P; in some areas, the cadet program can stagnate: I'm experiencing that locally.

Timbo: I've travelled the world over, and noticed that the goodies in most countries are a bit milder, and not as sweet as those produced in the US, which isn't bad at all; have you noticed that?  I had this thing for moon-pies (Hai-Tai 'choco-pies') in Korea; when I got back to the states I tried a good old-fashioned moon-pie from a Cracker Barrel and nearly gagged on it, it was so sweet. 

JoeTomasone

Quote from: O-Rex on January 16, 2009, 01:21:16 PMCareer tip: get your hall-pass for Conf's from "household-six" early. . . .

Not quite that easy, as my job often requires me to fly off to meetings with little advance notice -- like this weekend.   The strategy, however, is noted.    And before we head into major topic drift, time for me to pack for my non-CAP England trip.  :)

NIN

Quote from: O-Rex on January 16, 2009, 01:21:16 PM
<snip>I had this thing for moon-pies (Hai-Tai 'choco-pies') in Korea; when I got back to the states I tried a good old-fashioned moon-pie from a Cracker Barrel and nearly gagged on it, it was so sweet. 

Speaking of topic drift, I haven't had a craving for a Hai Tai choco-pie in the 20 years since I left Korea.  Now I have one.  Grrrrr.    I'm gonna have to hit the Korean grocery in Ayer, MA (outside the old Fort Devens... I swear, its *exactly* like the kimchi markets in the ville!) and see if they have those now.  Darn you. 

That's OK, though, I know that place carries the Hai Tai matdongsan. And I *love* that stuff.

If I find me some Hai-Tai choco pies, you want me to pick you up a box? :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

MIKE

Mike Johnston

JoeTomasone

Quote from: SarDragon on January 16, 2009, 06:18:49 AM
I've had it bookmarked for many years. I even have it backed up in a text file, just in case. I'm not sure where it's linked from on the current site.

Well, I got curious, and found it.

http://level2.cap.gov/ , then click Site Map, then it's under the Member Services bullet, almost to the end of that section.

AH!   BZ, sir - I got all tied up at the new gocivilairpatrol.com site and would never have found it.  :(

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: Timbo on January 15, 2009, 06:55:07 AM
Quote from: Pylon on January 15, 2009, 04:58:53 AM
Have a jolly good time, enjoy a tall pint of Kronenburg 1664 or a Boddingtons bitter, and remember to look right when stepping off the curb.  ;)

Lets not encourage drinking here.  There are Cadets around. 

But over in the UK a cadet could legally drink.

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

If anybody is coming to the western part of Germany  (Rheinlandpfalz) , you should come and visit our cadet sq. at Spangdahlem AB.  NHQ-OS-126

www.capspangdahlem.com

Please contact me or send a message to the contact address on the website if you plan to come over to Europe.

We would be  happy to welcome people from CAP from the states and exchange our experiences. 
Deputy commander
Aerospace Education Officer
NHQ-OS-126 Spangdahlem AB
Germany
www.facebook.com/capspangdahlem
LX1MG