Finally Finished with Level V

Started by James Shaw, January 11, 2009, 02:22:24 PM

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on January 14, 2009, 06:16:44 PM
Quote from: Timbo on January 14, 2009, 05:28:05 PM
Quote from: Fifinella on January 14, 2009, 11:24:34 AM
Quote from: Timbo on January 13, 2009, 09:32:58 PM
I would be interested to see the national statistics on how far members usually go in PD.  Anyone help me out??  I searched up top and looked at the cap website, but could not locate anything. 

Most recent stats I've seen (Nat'l data dated 3/7/07), which were presented by the LAWG/CC:

Senior Milestone Completions:
Level 1: 87.7%
Level 2: 29%
Level 3: 21.5%
Level 4: 11.2%
Level 5: 4.6%

Thank you!

Amazing!

I am in the 4.6% that earned the Wilson, the 1% that are outlaw bikers, and the 10% that never gets "The word!"   ;D

The scary thing is that there are Seniors out there that don't even complete Level 1
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

IceNine

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

James Shaw

Thanks to all who have responded. I would encourage everyone in CAP to do the best they can in the PD area. It has really helped me personally.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: IceNine on January 17, 2009, 07:58:37 AM
There better not be ^

There are.  They call them Patron Members.

Welcome to CAP.  Pay the cashier.  Now sit down and shut up.
Another former CAP officer

Short Field

I am slowly counting the days (1 March 08) until I have 36 months in a command or staff position.  That is the last requirement I need to finish for my Wilson.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Cecil DP

Quote from: Short Field on January 23, 2009, 02:11:58 PM
I am slowly counting the days (1 March 08) until I have 36 months in a command or staff position.  That is the last requirement I need to finish for my Wilson.

You're almost 11 months late!!
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Short Field

It's hard enough keeping track of the days and months - lets not get concerned about the years.....   ;D  Those errors tend to go away by May of each year.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Gunner C

Congratulations!  I finished 4 years ago.  I didn't get the chance to finish the Spaatz, so the Wilson Award was a personal goal that I'm glad I completed.  Happy 4.6%!

Gunner

lordmonar

Beleive it or not....all I need to finish my Level V is to complete my ECI 13. (or AFADIL 13 or A46whatever 14  ;)).

I take the test soon (its in the mail).  When scored I just have send a letter bumping up my military PME to cover NSC and I'm done!
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Gunner C

Quote from: lordmonar on January 23, 2009, 10:54:05 PM
Beleive it or not....all I need to finish my Level V is to complete my ECI 13. (or AFADIL 13 or A46whatever 14  ;)).

I take the test soon (its in the mail).  When scored I just have send a letter bumping up my military PME to cover NSC and I'm done!

I was in a similar situation - I had completed everything except for CLC and couldn't find a course.  I waited almost 2 years until I could find one that fit my work schedule and wasn't too far from home.  Consequently, I finished Levels 3, 4, and 5 on the same day.

Gunner