Lt Col Todd Engelman, CAP
Historian
President of the Medal of Valor Association

Hoorah

Congrats.

Timbo

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on January 13, 2009, 03:18:04 PM
Congrats Jim.

Sir.......you most likely don't know him, and the general rule of thumb is if you didn't attend school with him or grow up with him as a friend, nor work with him and am on a first name basis.....he is a Mr. or Sir, or even Major.

You just failed whatever Cadet Achievement you are attempting this month!

Camas

Quote from: O-Rex on January 13, 2009, 12:32:55 PM
Welcome to the "five percent!"
Anyone know what the actual percentage is? Or is 5% an accurate figure? Our wing is just under 4%.

Quote from: Timbo on January 13, 2009, 04:40:36 PM
Quote from: capcadetwilliams on January 13, 2009, 03:18:04 PM
Congrats Jim.
Sir.......you most likely don't know him, and the general rule of thumb is if you didn't attend school with him or grow up with him as a friend, nor work with him and am on a first name basis.....he is a Mr. or Sir, or even Major. You just failed whatever Cadet Achievement you are attempting this month!
I think that came from a Lt Col - not a cadet. The cadet simply stated "congrats".

Timbo

Quote from: Camas on January 13, 2009, 09:01:59 PM
I think that came from a Lt Col - not a cadet. The cadet simply stated "congrats".

Ummm.....WHAT!?!?!?  He posted "congrats Jim".  HE HAS SINCE EDITED HIS POST......

Read my quote for his original post.  I am foolish, but I won't take the credit this time. 

SilverEagle2

Congrats sir.

I will vouch for Timbo, I wanted to make a similar comment to capcadetwilliams as well.
     Jason R. Hess, Col, CAP
Commander, Rocky Mountain Region

"People are not excellent because they achieve great things;
they achieve great things because they choose to be excellent."
Gerald G. Probst,
Beloved Grandfather, WWII B-24 Pilot, Successful Businessman

Camas

My mistake - I just caught the "edit".  I had the honor of submitting a CAPF24 for a member of my wing for his Level V just this morning. This is always very exciting. I'm hoping to attend NSC this fall.

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

arajca

Conga Rats. I'm debating about taking ACSC or trying for NSC - that's the last thing I need for Level V.

Timbo

Quote from: Camas on January 13, 2009, 09:19:17 PM
.......I had the honor of submitting a CAPF24 for a member of my wing for his Level V just this morning. This is always very exciting. I'm hoping to attend NSC this fall.

It is exciting.  Not many achieve this level of dedication to our organization.  In fact we need to throw a huge par-tay! 

I would be interested to see the national statistics on how far members usually go in PD.  Anyone help me out??  I searched up top and looked at the cap website, but could not locate anything. 

swamprat86

I'm in the same boat.  I just need AWC or ACSC, but I am waiting for the ACSC master's program to open up to non-AF types.

Cecil DP

Quote from: swamprat86 on January 13, 2009, 09:33:38 PM
I'm in the same boat.  I just need AWC or ACSC, but I am waiting for the ACSC master's program to open up to non-AF types.

For those who are contemplating ACSC or SOS to fulfill PD requirements, If you completed certain NCO or WO courses as a member of the military you may already have met the requirement check CAPM 50-15.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Cecil DP on January 13, 2009, 10:41:05 PM

For those who are contemplating ACSC or SOS to fulfill PD requirements, If you completed certain NCO or WO courses as a member of the military you may already have met the requirement check CAPM 50-15.

50-15? You mean 50-17. 50-15 was the old ES manual.  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Fifinella

Quote from: Timbo on January 13, 2009, 09:32:58 PM
I would be interested to see the national statistics on how far members usually go in PD.  Anyone help me out??  I searched up top and looked at the cap website, but could not locate anything. 

Most recent stats I've seen (Nat'l data dated 3/7/07), which were presented by the LAWG/CC:

Senior Milestone Completions:
Level 1: 87.7%
Level 2: 29%
Level 3: 21.5%
Level 4: 11.2%
Level 5: 4.6%
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

Cecil DP

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on January 13, 2009, 11:20:51 PM
Quote from: Cecil DP on January 13, 2009, 10:41:05 PM

50-15? You mean 50-17. 50-15 was the old ES manual.  ;D
Quote from: SarDragon on January 14, 2009, 07:38:11 AM
And that would be CAPR 50-17.
One of the joys of posting to CAPTALK is the pirhana like response to typo's
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Timbo

Quote from: Fifinella on January 14, 2009, 11:24:34 AM

Most recent stats I've seen (Nat'l data dated 3/7/07), which were presented by the LAWG/CC:

Thank you!

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Timbo on January 14, 2009, 05:28:05 PM
Quote from: Fifinella on January 14, 2009, 11:24:34 AM

Thank you!

Amazing!

I am in the 4.6% that earned the Wilson, the 1% that are outlaw bikers, and the 10% that never gets "The word!"   ;D
Another former CAP officer

Chappie

Jim -- Congrats and welcome to the club (my GRW # 2095).  As one of the Seminar Advisors for the 2008 NSC, I have to say that I was very impressed with quality of members that attended and with their commitment.  Out of the 11 that were in my group, 4 have now received their GRW.  I kinda feel like a proud "papa".  And Jim, thanks for sharing those vintage CAP films.  Gave me a greater appreciation of our organization's history and tradition.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Hawk200

Quote from: Timbo on January 13, 2009, 09:32:58 PMI would be interested to see the national statistics on how far members usually go in PD.  Anyone help me out??  I searched up top and looked at the cap website, but could not locate anything. 

Got Level 3, with only one requirement left for Level 4, and two for Level 5. Hoping to knock out 4 when I get back (maybe I'll figure out a way to do it here). Level 5 might take a little, but I'm actually trying to see if I can run both an SLS and a CLC at my unit for members of the local area. I don't see any reason why anyone should have to drive two hours to wing, and possibly need to get accomodations when I could do it locally.

Been running the cadet program for us for awhile, so I haven't taken the time to work on my own stuff. I know, it's an excuse, and I should be working on it.

IIRC, I'm the only person in my unit with Level 3, we have one Level 4. The Level 4 member is a Lt Col. The rest are either 1 or 2, but most have their Certificate of Proficiency.