Main Menu

Retired

Started by Cecil DP, January 07, 2009, 10:40:36 PM

Cecil DP

I officially submitted my CAP Retirement electronically to National Headquarters today. Effective date 31 January.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Flying Pig

Congrats.   Although Ive never understood CAP "retirement".  Are you still going to stick around or are you punching out for good?

Pylon

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Best of wishes in all you do in the future! 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Timbo

Thanks for your service.  How much time left in the USAR???  Or are you retiring (have you retired already) from the USAR also??

Cecil DP

Quote from: Timbo on January 08, 2009, 12:20:21 AM
Thanks for your service.  How much time left in the USAR???  Or are you retiring (have you retired already) from the USAR also??

I turn 60 in February, and when I spoke to HRC St Louis, I was told my retirement was approved effective 28 Feb. I'll have more information when I receive my retirement package next week.
Quote from: Timbo on January 08, 2009, 12:20:21 AM

Quote from: Flying Pig on January 07, 2009, 11:35:09 PM
Congrats.   Although Ive never understood CAP "retirement".  Are you still going to stick around or are you punching out for good?

You can retire frm CAP after 20 years as a Senior. I;ll be walking away, unless my grandkids decide to join at a later date.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

Timbo

^ Congrats on both retirements. 

John Bryan

Congrats.   Although Ive never understood CAP "retirement".  Are you still going to stick around or are you punching out for good?

First congrats on both retirements and thanks for your service.....

To answer the above , I think the idea is to leave CAP without quiting. After a certain point even if you are ready to be done volunteering or if you are burned out you do not want to quit. So they have "retirement".

For me I had thought about leaving CAP for the last couple years and really wish they had not changed it from 12 years senior membership to 20. Most volunteer fire depts where I live let you "retire" after 10.  As it looks now even with the old rules it would  not have ended up mattering (the end of my 12th year would have been the end of this month).

citizensoldier

Thank you for your service.

CS
Mt. Hood Composite Squadron 1987-1989
SSG Stillwater Composite Squadron 2008-2009
SSGBroken Arrow Composite Squadron FEB 2009-Present
SGT OKARNG 08 APR 1988-23 JUN 2009

Cecil DP

Quote from: Timbo on January 08, 2009, 01:20:35 AM
^ Congrats on both retirements. 
Quote from: John Bryan on January 08, 2009, 02:16:41 AM
Congrats.  although Ive never understood CAP "retirement".  Are you still going to stick around or are you punching out for good?

First congrats on both retirements and thanks for your service.....

To answer the above , I think the idea is to leave CAP without quiting. After a certain point even if you are ready to be done volunteering or if you are burned out you do not want to quit. So they have "retirement".

For me I had thought about leaving CAP for the last couple years and really wish they had not changed it from 12 years senior membership to 20. Most volunteer fire Dept's where I live let you "retire" after 10.  As it looks now even with the old rules it would not have ended up mattering (the end of my 12th year would have been the end of this month).

The advantage of "Retiring" is that if you decide to rejoin at a later date, you don't have to resubmit for reappointment to your last grade, because it's locked in. If I (in a moment of lunacy) decide to move back to Maryland to be closer to the grandkids and they join, I'll return.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

JAFO78

Thank You Sir.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Now you will have time on your hands. Please visit us here from time to time. We always need wisdom here.  ;D
JAFO

Gunner C

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done!

TeamBronx

Congratulations for both retirements.  Although I have not seen you in a while, it has always been a pleasure.

Beachjumper85

Congratulations on your retirement as well as the service to your country!

tarheel gumby

Quote from: Beachjumper85 on January 11, 2009, 08:34:22 PM
Congratulations on your retirement as well as the service to your country!
Ditto :clap: :clap: :clap:
Joseph Myers Maj. CAP
Squadron Historian MER NC 019
Historian MER NC 001
Historian MER 001

Cecil DP

Thank You all for your goood wishes!!
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

PaulR

I wish you the best in retirement.  Reading over past and present threads on  this forum over the past few months, I have developed a huge amount of respect for you and your vast contributions.  I hope that you do plan to drop in on the forum from time to time.

Smokey

Post a picture of that gold retirement watch that CAP will give you.

And don't forget direct deposit for your CAP retirment checks ;D
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

Cecil DP

I'm still waiting for the CAP Retirement ID card: Yes there is such a thing, same as regulat, just says retired. I would have like d to have been put in for the CAP Achievement Award, but doubt that will happen. Being a member of a VTU and IRR I also won't get an retirement award from the Army.  P.S. If I gave CAP my banking information they would start taking money out, "Just because they can".
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85