PCRSC 2009 - here I come!

Started by AlphaSigOU, January 02, 2009, 12:24:13 PM

jimmydeanno

So, my wife called me to tell me what her Myers-Briggs personality type is.  ISTP she is.  Apparently, that means that she'll let me do stupid things and then respond with, "I told you so."  A lot of our wives must be ISTPs...   :D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

PHall

Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 01, 2009, 04:57:28 PM
So, my wife called me to tell me what her Myers-Briggs personality type is.  ISTP she is.  Apparently, that means that she'll let me do stupid things and then respond with, "I told you so."  A lot of our wives must be ISTPs...   :D

What, you didn't know this already?  You sure you guys are married?

Grumpy

Quote from: PHall on April 02, 2009, 02:39:06 AM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 01, 2009, 04:57:28 PM
So, my wife called me to tell me what her  personality type is.  ISTP she is.  Apparently, that means that she'll let me do stupid things and then respond with, "I told you so."  A lot of our wives must be Isotopes...   :D

What, you didn't know this already?  You sure you guys are married?

I'm shy and introverted.

PHall

Quote from: Grumpy on April 02, 2009, 02:50:49 AMI'm shy and introverted.

Right, compared to who, Attila the Hun? ;)

SarDragon

Quote from: PHall on April 02, 2009, 03:39:20 AM
Quote from: Grumpy on April 02, 2009, 02:50:49 AMI'm shy and introverted.

Right, compared to who, Attila the Hun? ;)

Yeah, Grumps, you must have a substantial wheelbarrow for that Pinnochio-nose of yours.  8)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Grumpy

Placing his hands over his heart and falling back our hero gasps, "I can't believe you said that". 
I may never recover.   :o

PHall

Quote from: Grumpy on April 02, 2009, 06:23:23 AM
Placing his hands over his heart and falling back our hero gasps, "I can't believe you said that". 
I may never recover.   :o

One can always hope! ;D

SarDragon

Somebody, please get this back on track.  :)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AlphaSigOU

OK, boss...  ;D

Toured the famous Nellis AFB 'Petting Zoo', aka the Threat Training Center yesterday. Lots of captured Russian and Chinese equipment for all to look over, photograph, climb on and handle. Unfortunately we had only one hour allotted to the tour so it was rushed. There are also several static displays outside the Petting Zoo - a MiG-29 (with non-descript markings but with a fin flash and trim that gave away its origin - it was one of the former East German, and later Luftwaffe MiG-29s. There's a MiG-21 that was once used by the formerly highly classified 4477th Test and Eval Squadron 'Red Hats' and a few others such as a former Iraqi Su-7 Fitter and a T-72 tank eating a Maverick missile.

Got to meet the famous - or is it infamous? - Lt Col Ned Lee, who made an outstanding presentation on cadet program trends. Other famous CAP personalities presenting at RSC were Lt Col Don Harrington, Col Gary Mayo and Lt Col Johnnie Cain. We're getting ready to finish up our graduation project for presentation to the school Friday.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Camas

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on April 02, 2009, 11:27:17 AM
Got to meet the famous - or is it infamous? - Lt Col Ned Lee, who made an outstanding presentation on cadet program trends. Other famous CAP personalities presenting at RSC were Lt Col Don Harrington, Col Gary Mayo and Lt Col Johnnie Cain. We're getting ready to finish up our graduation project for presentation to the school Friday.

I remember many of those names from last year when I attended. I also remember Col Chavez who was one of my personal favorites as he was very approachable. You'll have a great time during the presentations; some of those are quite imaginative. A fun time!

AlphaSigOU

Met Col Chavez today - he gave us the briefing on CAP legal trends. Real nice guy; called on everyone as 'counselor' just like a courtroom.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

wacapgh

Col Chavez and Col Lee were two of the high points of last years PCRSC.

Lots of "Dang it, I wish I had known that years ago!" information.

AlphaSigOU

Survived PCRSC 2009 - graduated yesterday! Now to enjoy a couple of days in Sin City with family before heading back to Dallas.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

AlphaSigOU

Jimmydeanno - give my regards to your wife.
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

jimmydeanno

Will do, fortunately you did have to send 'regrets'  ;D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

flyerthom

Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 05, 2009, 06:19:13 PM
Will do, fortunately you did have to send 'regrets'  ;D

Las Vegas motto "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas."

Las Vegas Metro PD motto "come on vacation, leave on probation."
TC