A most flagrant uniform violation!

Started by dwb, December 30, 2008, 01:19:42 PM

dwb

Look at that hair!  It's way over the ears!  And I'm certain that this C/MSgt hadn't been in CAP long enough to earn six unit citations!

;D

isuhawkeye

Pylon

And who wears their flight cap like that?  SERIOUSLY!    >:D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Stonewall

Quote from: isuhawkeye on December 30, 2008, 01:22:38 PM
we dont bash on uniform pics here

Take a closer look.

Then look at Pylon's signature block.

Michael Kieloch, Capt, CAP
F. R. Sussey Composite Squadron
Serving since 1987.

Pumbaa

lordmonar

Forget the hair.....it looks like he need to get the bathroom before he has an accident!  ;D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Smokey

Just look at that geek grin ;D

I bet he grows up to be......
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

dwb

This thread is further proof that we're all awkward and dorky as teenagers.  If you think otherwise, you're lying to yourself.

When you break out the yearbooks, even the so-called cool kids looked like dweebs.

Let that be a lesson to today's cadets: just be who you are, and don't sweat it.

jeders

Quote from: dwb on December 30, 2008, 04:37:26 PM
This thread is further proof that we're all awkward and dorky as teenagers.  If you think otherwise, you're lying to yourself.

When you break out the yearbooks, even the so-called cool kids looked like dweebs.

Let that be a lesson to today's cadets: just be who you are, and don't sweat it.

Maybe you were a dweeb, but I was the most awesome teenager ever. What, you mean that was just a dream, oh well. ;D

Nice picture.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

NIN

WIWAC, someone snapped my picture with my old 110 Instamatic standing in front of an ANG A-7 at my first encampment. I'm C/B, no darn nametags on my uniform and I have my fatigue cap stuck into the back of my trousers (like we did back then), and I have this goofy cheshire cat grin that says "Look at me, I'm leaning against this fighter jet like I OWN it!"

No, no, I wasn't a geek....

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Stonewall

Quote from: dwb on December 30, 2008, 04:37:26 PM

Yeah, and at the 10 year reunion you find out who is really cool.  In 2001 I went to mine where there were more than 200 people in attendance.  I remember at least 3 or 4 of the "cool kids" back in high school were now not so cool.

I was the CAP geek who loved the military and even though I surfed I was not a "sur-fer".  Fast forward to 2001 and I was transitioning from my job with the "Agency" over to the Protective Service Unit of the World Bank where I would spend the next 5 years in First Class, in 5 star hotels and visiting more than 50 countries.

The "cool kids" were fat, chain smokers, and divorced a couple times.  I remember one in particular who was the captain of the swim team back during our senior year and dated the Home Coming Queen.  10 years later he had a huge gut and managed Larry's Giant Subs in town.
Serving since 1987.

Duke Dillio

I was a dork then and I am still a dork now......

desertengineer1

Uniform violations aside, the original post singling out two cadets (with nametags) is OUT OF LINE.  It's one thing to do it with adults, but these are kids.

Deal with such violations at the level they are appropriate.  THIS is a major NO NO.

Admin - is there a way to kill this thread now?

dwb

The "cadet" on the right is our forum administrator, back when he was a cadet.  The cadet on the left is now an NCO in the Air National Guard.

So, yeah, I think they can handle themselves just fine.  Relax.  The picture was posted as a joke.

JayT

Quote from: desertengineer1 on December 30, 2008, 08:08:48 PM
Uniform violations aside, the original post singling out two cadets (with nametags) is OUT OF LINE.  It's one thing to do it with adults, but these are kids.

Deal with such violations at the level they are appropriate.  THIS is a major NO NO.

Admin - is there a way to kill this thread now?

Take a deep breath, take a step back, and read the rest of the thread.

It's a joke about one of the head admin guys here, the Cadet on the right.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

desertengineer1

BAH!!!! 

Man, I took that one total hook-line-sinker.

LOL!!!!!

I was seeing red from the first line on!

Pylon

Quote from: desertengineer1 on December 30, 2008, 08:08:48 PM
Deal with such violations at the level they are appropriate.

Yeah, seriously.  Deal with it by teaching that kid how to wear a flight cap and pointing him in the direction of the post barber shop, ASAP. 
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

dwb

I edited the thread's icon to be a smiley face.  Maybe that will help to indicate it's a joke.

ColonelJack

Quote from: Stonewall on December 30, 2008, 07:28:33 PM
Yeah, and at the 10 year reunion you find out who is really cool.  In 2001 I went to mine where there were more than 200 people in attendance.  I remember at least 3 or 4 of the "cool kids" back in high school were now not so cool.

Hey, Kirt, you learn a lot more at the 30-year reunion.  I went to mine back in 2005 and was told by many people, "Jack!  You haven't changed a bit!  You look just the same!"

I said, "What?  You mean I looked like this 30 years ago?  No wonder I couldn't get a date!"

I'll post my own teenage picture some day ... it's Army JROTC instead of CAP, but the geek factor is the same.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

Duke Dillio

It could have been worse....  He could be wearing a beret pizza boy style.....