Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 20, 2018, 04:32:19 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Forum Support  |  Topic: Add a section for COMMUNICATIONS
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Add a section for COMMUNICATIONS  (Read 2534 times)
Macpilot

« on: December 22, 2008, 01:26:23 AM »

Would you please add a section devoted to Communication?/

thanks

Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 01:49:54 AM »

Doesn't that fall under ES and Operations? That's what CAP comms are for.

And "Tools of the Trade" for discussions of the gear itself, right?

wuzafuzz
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

TVCS Website
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 10:27:46 AM »

+1
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 12:17:38 PM by MIKE » Logged
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."
Ricochet13
Seasoned Member

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 06:27:40 PM »

+1

-1 Add a section on Communications.  Many times folks have a hard time hunting for the few recent comm threads. 

For example, Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days.  Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

But, It's your board.  :)
RiverAux
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 06:35:00 PM »

Many times folks have a hard time hunting for the few recent comm threads. 
Doesn't that sort of imply that there might not be enough interest in Communications-specific topics to justify having their own section? 
smj58501
Seasoned Member

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 06:48:37 PM »

As a comm-disinterested CAP member who tunes out comm discussions after I am familiarized with the on switch and PTT button, I think a board like this may actually help spark a level of interest and respect for Comms.

It is an area often taken for granted, and it should not be. Not everyone needs to be a wirehead-techie, but comms ties us together operationally and such a board may increase overall comm competence and understanding. That can do nothing but make us a better organization.

The worst that can happen is we take it down later due to inactivity. Worth a shot I think.
Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP
IceNine

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 07:00:59 PM »

As a comm-disinterested CAP member who tunes out comm discussions after I am familiarized with the on switch and PTT button, I think a board like this may actually help spark a level of interest and respect for Comms.

It is an area often taken for granted, and it should not be. Not everyone needs to be a wirehead-techie, but comms ties us together operationally and such a board may increase overall comm competence and understanding. That can do nothing but make us a better organization.

The worst that can happen is we take it down later due to inactivity. Worth a shot I think.

Post a few hundred more times, and generate enough traffic to justify such a board.

As it stands there isn't enough comm specific traffic.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4
MIKE
Super Moderator

Unit: LANTAREA

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 07:47:30 PM »

Post a few hundred more times, and generate enough traffic to justify such a board.

As it stands there isn't enough comm specific traffic.

I wouldn't suggest spamming a bunch of COMM topics in the hopes of getting a new board... might end up suspended or banned for your trouble.
Mike Johnston
ol'fido

Unit: DOTCOTE.

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 09:01:00 PM »

Might be worth the trouble if we also add to the discussion of Comms all the CAP related computer gobblety-gook as well as traditional radio comms. eServices, Capwatch, MIMS, WMIRS, MMU, blah,blah,etc. I don't have the time or patience to sit down in front of a computer for several hours everyday to become an expert in this stuff. I don't use computers in my work and many is the day I jsut don't have the time to even turn the thing on. So something like this would help guys like me.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006
whatevah
Administrator

my personal website, yo!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 11:16:44 PM »

Sorry, same as in December when this thread was first started, there still isn't enough activity to justify a new board.  Until then, keep the tech stuff in Tools of the Trade.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Forum Support  |  Topic: Add a section for COMMUNICATIONS