Main Menu

Boot size

Started by AvroArrow, December 17, 2008, 01:11:09 AM

AvroArrow

I'm aiming to get new boots; the size I have now is a "8 1/2 W." I'm assuming the 'W' means "wide"  ???

What size would I want? The currents boots still fit, I'm getting new ones for the looks because my currents onse are "shredded to bits" and the 'toungue' is unironably wrinkled  :-\

I'm planning to order from Hock, buying the Combat Boots with flat sole and imported full lace: http://www.thehock.com/shop/?shop=1&cart=789590&cat=14  With the goal of the boots looking good, any other recommendations? (I won't be using these boots for hiking or EMS, that's why I prefer tread that's flat)

Eclipse

W is for wide, however that doesn't mean you'll wear a wide in every pair you try, or even an 8, for that matter.

Look elsewhere for the boots, they are all over the place online, or try PD/FD uniform stores in your area or military surplus.

Based on the charter number in your sig, you have at least 9 military surplus stores, and at least 5-6 uniform stores in your town, not to mention buying stuff from AAFES.

"That Others May Zoom"

AvroArrow

Alright, so when when it boils down to size and my tennis shoe size is 9, would you recommend a 9? 9/12? 8/12? If not via Hock, we'll be looking at some surplus stores in Downtown

Pingree1492

Again, that depends... I have two pairs of military "combat boots".  One is a size 9 1/2R, one is a 9R.  Both fit great, and I either bought or acquired both new. 

Best recommendation is to go to the store, and try on the boots.  Unless you have an unusually large foot, the Wides may not actually be fitting you... I would seek out the help of someone who knows what they are doing to help you get the right size boot.  Meaning the sales clerk will actually get down and FEEL how your foot fits within the boot.
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

AvroArrow

Eeyore

Just don't buy those boots from the hock. I ordered a pair with plans to give it to a cadet and they were pure rubbish, so bad that I didn't even give them to the cadet.