Service Dress sleeve braid

Started by Eclipse, November 22, 2008, 05:31:01 PM

Eclipse

We're talking about the 3-button USAF-Style service coat.

Is the sleeve braid worn on the mess dress the same one worn on the service dress?

I need to order the braid for one of my people, and all I can find on VG is braid marked for Mess Dress.

http://www.vanguardmil.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=13224

Can I assume when I order this that the braid sent is enough for two sleeves, or do I need to order two of them?
(VG is closed for the weekend and I'd really like to get this order in the channel)

"That Others May Zoom"

Phillip

Quote from: Eclipse on November 22, 2008, 05:31:01 PM
Is the sleeve braid worn on the mess dress the same one worn on the service dress?
It is indeed the same.

Can I assume when I order this that the braid sent is enough for two sleeves, or do I need to order two of them?
It should be enough.  It wouldn't hurt, though, to purchase a "spare" in case a mistake is made in cutting.
Captain

Eclipse

Quote from: Phillip on November 22, 2008, 05:40:57 PM
It is indeed the same.

It should be enough.  It wouldn't hurt, though, to purchase a "spare" in case a mistake is made in cutting.

Thanks.  Plus someone else will need one at some point.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

An order of "one" sleeve braid piece sufficed for both sleeves for my mess dress.  At a little over a dollar, I suppose it can't hurt to order extra though.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: Pylon on November 22, 2008, 09:09:35 PM
An order of "one" sleeve braid piece sufficed for both sleeves for my mess dress.  At a little over a dollar, I suppose it can't hurt to order extra though.

VG's getting $3 each.  I still bought two because someone always needs one...

"That Others May Zoom"