finding the duty assignment sheet on eServices

Started by Capt Ford, November 17, 2008, 07:29:59 PM

Capt Ford

Can anyone tell me were I can find the duty assignment sheet on eServices??
JOHN E FORD, Capt, CAP
Assistant Administration Officer
Florida Wing

Eclipse

If you have the proper rights, it is an application under "My Favorites" called "Duty Assignment".

If you don't see it, you don't have access to the application.

"That Others May Zoom"

Camas

You should also be able to go into the WMU or Wing Management Utility  and look it up there. Go into either the Unit Commander or Administration module, log in, and then go to "Unit Staff Assignments". You should find your assignments there. Moreover, you should be able to look up other unit assignments as well. You can also print a personnel authorization or PA by going to the "View Printed PA Authorizations" link. Please give this a try and let us know. This may or may not work for all wings but I believe it should.

Eclipse

Actually, what you're referring to is the "Unit Organization" feature of the WMU, and fewer and fewer states and units have been using that, assuming your state is even still on the WMU, since the Duty Assignment module was released in eServices.

The WMU is simply a local indication of assignment, and most units I'm aware of assign the bare minimum in the WMU these days in order to be able to use the ES tracking features (again, assuming the respective state uses it at all).

eServices is the authoritative database for Duty Assignments, and thankfully, with the exception of a couple of positions locked into paper by outdated regs (Comms, LG, FM), 2a's are no longer required.

"That Others May Zoom"

Camas

E-Services is the way to go - no argument there - but doesn't that automatically carry into the WMU? Also, CAPR35-1 states in so many words that a CAPF2a or PA is still required for each assignment. Copy goes to the personnel officer and copy goes into the member's file? Have I missed something; has all this been rescinded even with the "duty assignment" module in e-services?

Eclipse

I don't believe there is any connectivity between eServices and the WMU in relation to duty assignments, a quick check of mine shows no connection between assignments made in eServices and what is currently in the WMU.

As to requirements, there are a lot of places that the practical application is running ahead of the regs. CAPR 35-1 hasn't been updated since 1994, obviously it does not incorporate any number of system updates and SOPs.

I will grant that doing duty assignments only in eServices does not preserve the service dates for things like specialty tracks, etc., but we are trying to work without paper, and I haven't found this to be a problem.

"That Others May Zoom"

Short Field

At a minimum, a member's duty assignment history must be entered in the member's CAPF 45, Senior Member Master Record.   Keeping it in hardcopy or electronic depends on the wing and unit's policy.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640