AF wants airmen in Blues

Started by Smokey, September 05, 2008, 07:05:11 PM

Ford73Diesel

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on September 06, 2008, 11:07:17 PM
Quote from: markh on September 06, 2008, 10:46:39 PM
Quote from: DC on September 06, 2008, 08:17:22 AM
Coast Guard...  :D

No offense to the Auxies...

It offends me, not an auxie but a cap cadet and a CG reservist.

Pretty thin-skinned if that gets to you.  I suppose I won't make the usual "Have to be 6 foot tall to join the Coast Guard so if the boat sinks you can wade ashore" jokes.

Ive heard those too, Its not the actual joke that irritates me, service-bashing in general does.

DC

Quote from: markh on September 06, 2008, 11:49:27 PM
Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on September 06, 2008, 11:07:17 PM
Quote from: markh on September 06, 2008, 10:46:39 PM
Quote from: DC on September 06, 2008, 08:17:22 AM
Coast Guard...  :D

No offense to the Auxies...

It offends me, not an auxie but a cap cadet and a CG reservist.

Pretty thin-skinned if that gets to you.  I suppose I won't make the usual "Have to be 6 foot tall to join the Coast Guard so if the boat sinks you can wade ashore" jokes.

Ive heard those too, Its not the actual joke that irritates me, service-bashing in general does.
There is a difference between 'service-bashing' and a light hearted joke directed at a service. Telling one doesn't mean that I have any less repect for any particular branch of the military than another, a little fun never hurt anyone, and the vast majority of military personnel don't get all freaked out when they get called a wing wiper, or a jarhead, or a squid, or whatever. As long as it is not being said with malicious intent (it's usually pretty easy to tell when someone is just screwing with you, or if they really mean it) then relax, and laugh along with everyone else...

Ford73Diesel

Agreed.

But youll never hear me supporting any joke, or comment directed at another service, especially since every service is unique and valuable to our national security, and i know people in every service that feel the same way.

MIKE

One little comment derails an entire thread.
Mike Johnston