Anyone go to the Supply/Comm Supply Course in FL?

Started by RickFranz, September 04, 2008, 10:30:43 PM

RickFranz

I was not able to make to National Boards and was wondering what information did I miss.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Laplace

Wondering the same here.

BadgerBob???   I know you went ;D

Are the presentations available on the NHQ website at some point?

badger bob

There is a major rewrite of the old 67-1 in the works.

CAP uses CATS as their asset tracking database for supply equipment, but also aircraft, vehicles, and property.

Communications uses a different asset tracking database CEMS. Although the goals of both are the same, they don't always share information. The current intent is to create a new database (projected acronym IMS or Inventory Management System) incorporating many of the features of CEMS.

There is also a change in standards for accountability. Recently the Air Force has held several wings accountable for missing equipment. The problem is that to fairly assess liability, the value of equipment depreciates over time. The current accounting system uses acquisition cost as the only guideline.

This creates a inequity- if a 12 year old laptop is lost- the cost 12 years ago of that Windows 95 486 laptop might be still carried at $3500. The reality is the useful life of that equipment is now zero.

On the other hand, that new laptop may have a value of $1100. If those are lost-heads should roll.

The proposal is to fairly asses liability, the AF also would agree to use a useful life for federally supplied equipment.

The advantages are great. If a laptop is a 5 year lifecycle, then we can plan to budget for replacements every 5 years. A base station radio may be a 10 year life cycle, a 15 passenger van may be a 15 year life cycle and a 182 may be a 20 year life cycle.

Once the new property management regulation is available, there will be both live and electronic training available.
Chris Klein
cklein<at>cap.gov
The Supply Guy
IC2
National Volunteer Logistics Officer- Retired
WI-IGA
Wilson Award# 3320