Main Menu

Anything to see at NHQ?

Started by FlyingTerp, August 22, 2008, 09:38:57 PM

FlyingTerp

I'll be in Montgomery for the Air Force Information Technology Conference (AFITC) next week.  Is there anything to see at the NHQ facility? 

jimmydeanno

There is a bunch to see.  They have documents and such from the founding days of CAP - letters from practically everyone we have awards named after, etc.

If you are going though, I would suggest that you call before hand and let them know you'll be coming.  Ask if you can get a tour, they do them frequently.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

lordmonar

Not to mention you get to meet all the staffers at NHQ.  It is always cool to put faces to the names and voices we deal with over the phone.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

FlyingTerp

Thanks for the info.  I'll give them a call.

RiverAux

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 22, 2008, 09:56:47 PM
There is a bunch to see.  They have documents and such from the founding days of CAP - letters from practically everyone we have awards named after, etc.

If you are going though, I would suggest that you call before hand and let them know you'll be coming.  Ask if you can get a tour, they do them frequently.
Are these hanging in frames on hallways inside or do you have to dig through cabinets?

jimmydeanno

Quote from: RiverAux on August 24, 2008, 02:00:18 AM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 22, 2008, 09:56:47 PM

Are these hanging in frames on hallways inside or do you have to dig through cabinets?

The more important ones are hanging in frames on the wall.  There are display cabinets set up with memorabelia and other docs throughout some of the hallways.

Oh, and while you're there - check out the CAP hall of honor.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Tubacap

Take pictures and post please!
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

CadetProgramGuy

Especially if there are any black vans......