Are these the same courses?

Started by Rotorhead, August 05, 2008, 12:38:49 PM

Rotorhead

Is the current AFIADL PAO Course 02010 the same thing as the old "ECI CAP Public Affairs Officer correspondence course?"

In other words, if I've completed the ECI course, would I still need to take the AFIADL course?

Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

Hawk200

Having done both the "13" courses, I'd say those two are probably the same. However, I'm not really familiar with the PAO courses, so the best answer would come from someone who has done both, or else give National a call or send an email.

Any PAO's out there that can weigh in on this?

arajca

I took the "new" PAO course a couple years ago. The material was OLD. Lots of good information about doing your unit's newsletter on the mimeograph machine and etiqutte for using carbon paper, but nothing on current technologies such as email or the internet.

Maj Ballard

Be sure that you're referring to the same thing... There is a CAP PAO course and an Air Force PAO course. Lots of people order the wrong one by accident. If you've taken the CAP one, rest assured it hasn't changed in eleventy million years. LOL
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

RiverAux

They're starting to work on re-doing the PAO course.  Probably won't be ready for a while, so if you need it for your Technician rating, might as well go ahead and use the existing one.

Rotorhead

Good point, but the AFIADL course is listed as "02010-Civil Air Patrol Public Affairs Officer (Level II Technician Rating)," current as of 1988, which means I'm still confused--is it the same as the ECI course, but with a "new" name?

I took one years ago to get the Technician rating, don't want to repeat it.
Capt. Scott Orr, CAP
Deputy Commander/Cadets
Prescott Composite Sqdn. 206
Prescott, AZ

RiverAux

I did it a year or two ago and it got books saying they were current as of July 1981

ßτε

Quote from: Rotorhead on August 05, 2008, 09:34:25 PM
Good point, but the AFIADL course is listed as "02010-Civil Air Patrol Public Affairs Officer (Level II Technician Rating)," current as of 1988, which means I'm still confused--is it the same as the ECI course, but with a "new" name?

I took one years ago to get the Technician rating, don't want to repeat it.

If you took it since 1988, it would be the same course. By new name, do you mean AFIADL as opposed to ECI? If so, the name was changed a few years ago. And just to confuse us more, it is now HQ AU A4/6 instead of AFIADL.