Main Menu

White badges

Started by Dad2-4, August 03, 2008, 01:06:05 AM

Dad2-4

After searching here and another popular forum, I've only found one supplier of white-on-ultramarine USAF occupational badges, Williams & Williams, but they require 3 identical badges at $5 each. Are there any others?

hatentx

not that I found and make sure you say ultra marine blue a dozen times.  I just got mine in a couple of days ago and will have to make the call on monday to see about getting them fixed.

DC

These type discussions need to stay in the realm of PM, or C&Ds will abound...

Eclipse

No they don't.

It silly to think that NHQ doesn't know about these sites, they have the internet, too, and as I have mentioned before, flightbadges.com was an official sponsor of the GLR Conference.

Second, in this case, we are discussing regular military badges, something VG does not have a lock on regardless.

"That Others May Zoom"

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: DC on August 03, 2008, 01:59:42 AM
These type discussions need to stay in the realm of PM, or C&Ds will abound...

USAF occupational badges, white on UB - no problem for Williams and Williams.
CAP badges, tapes, leather or (unauthorized) cloth flight suit name tags - strengstens verboten (they already got splattered with a C&D from the PTB @ NHQ. Their website already mentions they no longer do CAP badges for that reason.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

JC004

Quote from: Eclipse on August 03, 2008, 02:05:17 AM
No they don't.

It silly to think that NHQ doesn't know about these sites, they have the internet, too, and as I have mentioned before, flightbadges.com was an official sponsor of the GLR Conference.

Second, in this case, we are discussing regular military badges, something VG does not have a lock on regardless.

NHQ may have the tubes, but so does most of our wing staff.  Hasn't stopped them from being completely incapable of using it.   ;)

Major Carrales

I imagine if a fellow had an embroidery machine, the skill and the time that these thing could be made at home.  In fact, I have a friend that does just that sort of thing.

I imagine a C&D letter woudl be sueless if there was no profit involved.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

DNall

again, CAP has no say over mil badges done in white on ultramarine blue. williams & williams is my best source for that as well, and they tend to do a good job from everything I've seen.

Eclipse

Just as a matter of information, copyright and trademark infringement are irrespective of profit made by the infringer.

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

As stated in previous posts, this is not, and never has been, a copyright issue. Copyrights cover such things a printed material, music, and software, among others. If anything, it is a trademark or service mark issue.

As stated in at least one other thread, CAP's legal rights derive from Title 36 of the U.S. Code:

TITLE 36 > Subtitle II > Part B > CHAPTER 403 > Sec. 40306.
Sec. 40306. - Exclusive right to name, insignia, copyrights, emblems, badges, marks, and words

The corporation has the exclusive right to use the name ''Civil Air Patrol'' and all insignia, copyrights, emblems, badges, descriptive or designating marks, words, and phrases the corporation adopts. This section does not affect any vested rights.

CAP (the corporation) holds only two trademarks - CAPMART, and WHERE IMAGINATION TAKES FLIGHT. I have found no patents listed. Copyright information is too diverse and numerous for online cataloging.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

MSgt Van

http://www.thebattlezone.com/airforce/badges.html

example: Master Munitions and Maintenance white on blue, $6.00.