AD help with CAP activities

Started by hatentx, August 03, 2008, 12:52:17 AM

lordmonar

Quote from: AFI 10-27013.1.3. Liaison at Air Force Installations. Support from Air Force Installations is important for CAP to carry out its missions. Liaison activities at this level typically involve coordinating the use of facilities and services of the Installation. Installation commanders will appoint a field grade officer to assist CAP-USAF personnel and to act as a liaison with CAP units that are located on the Installation.  Installation commanders will provide the designee's name, rank, office symbol and telephone number to CAP-USAF and will update this information annually. When providing short-term support to CAP units, Installation commanders may also designate a project officer to work with the CAP unit. Installation commanders will contact CAP-USAF liaison personnel directly to coordinate matters relating to CAP.

Emphasis mine
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

mikeylikey

^ Thank you.  I was looking everywhere but there. 
What's up monkeys?

DNall

I believe there's also a ref that says the command CMSgt is the pre-designated lead liaison on the ANG side for CAP matters. That's not been the practice I've seen though.

afgeo4

So then there's a list of these liaisons with CAP-USAF I hope?
GEORGE LURYE

DNall

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 04, 2008, 06:54:35 PM
Mikey... have a reg that says so? I've never seen or heard of one.

you might be misunderstanding the word liaison here. This is not CAP-RAP type folks that work for CAP-USAF or CAP in any way. This is the active/guard/reserve officer in the base chain of command that is assigned to work the CAP issues from the AF side. That's the person on base designated for the state director to work with. Or more normally, the SD will authorize a local CAP member to work directly with that AF officer.

It's not an AFSC, and neither are 90% of the other things an officer will be assigned to do.