ARGH! Ultrathin order error

Started by Maj Ballard, July 29, 2008, 03:01:57 AM

Maj Ballard

I just have to commiserate for a minute. I ordered a new set of Ultrathins. I ordered them correctly. I double checked. I got them out of the package and they had reversed my Disaster Relief and SAR ribbons, and put the V device on the wrong one. I've contacted them to ask them to make it right, and I'm sure they will. I just wanted to whine.  :P
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

mikeylikey

^ May I ask how much that cost you?? 
What's up monkeys?

Maj Ballard

L. Ballard, Major, CAP

mikeylikey

Not bad.  About 2 bucks a ribbon.  Let us know how easy the exchange/ customer service goes.  I may check them out.  I always wanted to get ultrathins, but laziness has always won. 
What's up monkeys?

Maj Ballard

I won't be getting any more ribbons for quite awhile, so I thought what the heck... They look really good. Just incorrect. I wish I was like 99% of our colleagues and blissfully ignorant.
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

IceNine

I have a set and I have to say they are REALLY nice but they will frustrate you if you try to wear them with the service jacket, although it can be done

They are very flat, unlike the regular racks that curve with the chest.  So they will stick up quite a bit on the corners.

If you are going to wear them with the shirt go with the magnets.  I was skeptical but it has proven to be an awesome investment
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

James Shaw

I made my own "thin" set and they turned out pretty good. I would really like to know just how they do this. I even thought about ordering a small set just to see how they look.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

BillB

:::::making note:::: Jim Shaw is spending more money on CAP.  Let's see where is his wifes phone number
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

James Shaw

Quote from: BillB on July 29, 2008, 05:36:10 PM
:::::making note:::: Jim Shaw is spending more money on CAP.  Let's see where is his wifes phone number

Actually I made them with ribbons I allready had. But now I am not going to invite you to ChuckECheese next time I go.

I will make a new set when I finish Level V after NSC in October.

The ribbons look like they are made with glue and then pressed down.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Maj Ballard

Great news! I got an email back this afternoon. They apologized for the error and said they would ship me a new set on August 1st, and would enclose a postage-paid return envelope to send back the incorrect set. Impressed with the service so far.
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

AlphaSigOU

Never had a problem dealing with UltraThin orders. I have been half-tempted to have 'em do a 'gag' ribbon rack with an old-style Amelia Earhart ribbon (the one with the shield) to see if any cadinks or seniors catch it.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

O-Rex

Quote from: Captain B on July 29, 2008, 08:24:38 PM
Great news! I got an email back this afternoon. They apologized for the error and said they would ship me a new set on August 1st, and would enclose a postage-paid return envelope to send back the incorrect set. Impressed with the service so far.

Makes you wonder what they are going to do with the set they messed up...

IceNine

^ hope and pray that someone orders a rack that has the same ribbons and try to sell it again!

Ok I jest.  They have the ability to add ribbons and make changes.  So I am sure they will do something to be able to use it again
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Maj Ballard

Just got an email notification that my new set has shipped. That was fast!
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

dwb

When you ordered your ribbons, did you use the small star or the big star in the rack builder?

I'm going to order a new set for myself, and I don't remember there being two star options in the past.

Edited: Disregard, I searched my E-mail for my previous order, and found that I used the small star attachment.

Maj Ballard

L. Ballard, Major, CAP

MIKE

I'd kinda like to try Ultrathins when I finally put enough time in for my Auxie Fog-A-Mirrors, since ribbons are required on trops... Be cool to have a magnetic set with nametag... Will they do magnetics with 3 or less, or is short pin better?
Mike Johnston

Maj Ballard

The new rack arrived today. It looks great! (See pic. The lint was my fault. LOL) Friendly service, fast shipping, and the quality is great. Highly recommended. :)
L. Ballard, Major, CAP