Main Menu

Recruiting on the Phone

Started by JROB, June 26, 2008, 07:02:44 PM

JROB

I have never talked on the phone to a potintial CAP recruit before. I have a pretty good Idea what to say does anyone have any suggestions?
Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

Major Carrales

Quote from: JROB on June 26, 2008, 07:02:44 PM
I have never talked on the phone to a potintial CAP recruit before. I have a pretty good Idea what to say does anyone have any suggestions?

I would never suggest the telemarketer thing for CAP.  I don't knwo how many times I've sat down for relax, eat or family time only to have the phone ring with some "proposal."  In fact, I make it a point not to buy or patronize the users of telemarketers.

As for people who call for info, have at it.

The main difference between the two above cases it that the latter one is seeking out info and should be "rewarded."  If I wanted the services offered by telemarketers, I would seek out their services.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

JROB

Well this person is calling for information
Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

addo1

As recruiter, I have had many potential recruits call me.  Just be friendly and helpful with the information they need.  I called over the phone when I joined and the member was helpful which got me to where I am today!  If you feel nervous about not knowing what to say, it helps to have a "sheet" of information around to pick up with FAQ and such.  Simply answer their questions and invite them to come to a meeting. Hope this helps.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

Major Carrales

Quote from: JROB on June 26, 2008, 08:39:16 PM
Well this person is calling for information

Give them a good spiel, then have them come to a meeting.  So much more information can be given when they see CAP in action.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454