received check in the mail

Started by brasda91, February 29, 2008, 03:12:18 PM

brasda91

This past Tuesday night one of my cadets dad showed me a check for $30 and some change.  No explanation on what it is for.  I told him I figured it was to help offset the cost of a uniform item, that is not going to be issued to them thru the FCU.  Anybody seen this?
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

brasda91

No.  I don't remember exactly who it was from.  It was something along the AAFES line.  That's what made me think it was to purchase uniform items.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

NIN

Quote from: brasda91 on February 29, 2008, 03:45:04 PM
No.  I don't remember exactly who it was from.  It was something along the AAFES line.  That's what made me think it was to purchase uniform items.

Geez, Wade, could you be any more... informative?   :D
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

brasda91

Quote from: NIN on February 29, 2008, 06:12:47 PM
Quote from: brasda91 on February 29, 2008, 03:45:04 PM

Geez, Wade, could you be any more... informative?   :D

;D  I was hoping someone else had seen this and would know what I was refering to.  It caught me off guard when the parent showed it to me.  Update...I just called Cathy at National.  This is not the first she's heard of this.  AAFES has a flaw in the system and they are mailing checks of various amounts to cadets.  The check needs to be sent to National HQ.  I just talked with the parent and he said in another paper it stated the "customer" cancelled the order and had the exact same amount as the check.  Sounds like a software flaw.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

JC004

Quote from: brasda91 on February 29, 2008, 09:25:07 PM
;D  I was hoping someone else had seen this and would know what I was refering to.  It caught me off guard when the parent showed it to me.  Update...I just called Cathy at National.  This is not the first she's heard of this.  AAFES has a flaw in the system and they are mailing checks of various amounts to cadets.  The check needs to be sent to National HQ.  I just talked with the parent and he said in another paper it stated the "customer" cancelled the order and had the exact same amount as the check.  Sounds like a software flaw.

How can we get a software flaw for senior members?

brasda91

Quote from: JC004 on February 29, 2008, 09:26:27 PM
Quote from: brasda91 on February 29, 2008, 09:25:07 PM

:D  We didn't cancel the order.  Must be a flaw on the AAFES side of the house.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

DNall

No doubt, just so it's not in Vanguard gift certificates.  ;D

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: DNall on March 01, 2008, 03:17:05 AM
No doubt, just so it's not in Vanguard gift certificates.  ;D

I could buy more with monopoly money...

afgeo4

Is the check made out to the member? If it is, what use is it going to be to NHQ?
GEORGE LURYE

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Cecil DP

The check is made out to the member because that is the name on the order. I believe the check should be returned back to National because you are receiving $$$ that was provided out of apropriated funds. So before the USAF decides the corperation is defrauding the government, National alerts them and can honestly say-we've recovered from these cadets. So they don't get a bill from USAF for the $30. BTW, The government is good as attaching IRS checks to recoup losses.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85