Latest from National HQ PA?

Started by SeattleSarge, December 21, 2007, 06:12:25 PM

SeattleSarge

I've been reviewing the matieral sent from National Public Affairs this morning.  Haven't really found much I can use or support for that matter.

What do you all think?

-SeattleSarge

BTW, "More than meets the skies" is DOA in my opinion
Ronald G. Kruml, TSgt, CAP
Public Affairs - Mission Aircrewman
Seattle Composite Squadron PCR-WA-018
http://www.capseattlesquadron.org

RiverAux

I like the fact that they've basically authorized that comments on the plan be sent directly to the main guy rather than having to go through the chain. Of course public affairs has always been very liberal on those issues. 

lordmonar

Why send the up the chain...when the ideal is to get feed back from the field not the ideals of the wing/regional PAs?

Grass root changes/suggestion should go up the chain so that if someone at the mid level does not like them or thinks they need work they get fixed/axed at the appropriate level.

But if the National staffer wants field feedback...why add to that work by having regional and wing level guys ask the unit level PA then considerate/scrub/forget them as he sends them up.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

stillamarine

One good thing about PA is that you can always go strait to NHQ/PA at anytime. I've just recieved the info and printed it out, I'll be perusing it this weekend.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

RiverAux

Quote from: lordmonar on December 22, 2007, 12:58:41 AM
Why send the up the chain...when the ideal is to get feed back from the field not the ideals of the wing/regional PAs?

Grass root changes/suggestion should go up the chain so that if someone at the mid level does not like them or thinks they need work they get fixed/axed at the appropriate level.

But if the National staffer wants field feedback...why add to that work by having regional and wing level guys ask the unit level PA then considerate/scrub/forget them as he sends them up.
Uhh, I was agreeing with the strategy, you don't have to convince me.  The reason I brought it up was that this is the exception to the rule in CAP.  Anything else national puts out for comment is supposed to be done through the chain.

lordmonar

Sorry, I was reading in some sarcasm that was not there.

;D

It's usually the other way around.... >:D
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Capt Rivera

Quote from: SeattleSarge on December 21, 2007, 06:12:25 PM
I've been reviewing the matieral sent from National Public Affairs this morning.  Haven't really found much I can use or support for that matter.

What do you all think?

-SeattleSarge

BTW, "More than meets the skies" is DOA in my opinion

Want to elaborate on the newly released "stuff"?  I missed the memo.
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

RiverAux

Basically it is the national marketing plan and a sort of template for coming up with annual PA plans and crisis communication plans.  Go the the NHQ public affairs site and you'll see all that stuff.  We've talked about a lot of it elsewhere already.

Capt Rivera

Quote from: RiverAux on December 22, 2007, 11:51:19 PM
Basically it is the national marketing plan and a sort of template for coming up with annual PA plans and crisis communication plans.  Go the the NHQ public affairs site and you'll see all that stuff.  We've talked about a lot of it elsewhere already.

ahh... thought you were talking about something new... as in JUST released in the last day or so...
//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org