Hey CA Wing

Started by flyerthom, December 19, 2007, 01:01:27 AM

flyerthom

Did you guys get alerted for a downed Cherokee on a dirt road near Victorville? I was on a lifeguard flight today to pick up a patient in LA back to Vegas and we heard a Mayday on 121.5 and relayed it to LA Center. We then relayed his coordinates and heard CHP and believe I heard a CAP Flight in a Skyhawk.  I do know there were no injuries and the occupant(s) walked away from it but if anyone has anything further ...
TC

SarDragon

Nothing in the paging traffic. Could have been resolved so fast that there was no need to call anyone else out.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

IceNine

Check the WMIRS Status Map for more info.  The mission is in there

Just for future Are mission number FOUO?
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

SJFedor

Don't know if they're FOUO, but it may fall under our OPSEC stuff to not post it on a message board like this.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

flyerthom

Update: nothing about CAP and it was a Cessna:

Cessna down near victorville

Pilot was Dick Rutan.
TC

Flying Pig

December 18, 2007 - 11:53AM
A plane piloted by the famous aviator Dick Rutan made an emergency landing Tuesday morning on a dirt road in Victorville.

Rutan took off from Mojave Airport and was headed for Palm Springs when engine troubles forced him to land.

He safely landed the Cessna on Buttemere Road just west of the airport around 9:30 a.m.

Rutan and his brother Burt have been a big part of aviation history.

Burt Rutan designed about 40 aircraft, including the Voyager airplane, which he and Dick Rutan, along with Jeanna Yeager, flew around the world on one tank of gas.

The Voyager is now suspended on permanent display at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum's "Milestones of Flight" gallery in Washington D.C.

Dick Rutan is also involved in the Experimental Aircraft Association's Science, Math and Technology (S-M-T) program.

The plane is expected to be loaded onto a transport vehicle and taken back to Mojave Airport by Wednesday.

I didn't hear anything about it.  It seems like it was over so fast that CAP wasn't necessary.