search in southern IL?

Started by brasda91, December 01, 2007, 05:05:05 AM

brasda91

What's the latest?  Anybody know?  I'm only 45 min from there in Western KY.
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

PWK-GT

Just got a note stating that the training this weekend at Scott was put on hold.......pending a REDCAP related to an actual. Well, the REDCAP page hasn't happened as of yet..........wonder if it was locally assigned, or never happened.
"Is it Friday yet"

IceNine

I have attached the inital press release for the mission that was concluded today. The only thing I  have to say about them is that this was not JUST CAP as the news is reporting.  It was a VERY large operation involving several county EMA's, the local LE, and the US Army Corp of Engineers, All of them bent over backwards and did everything they could to help us do this search.

Here is the initial coverage by the IL PA

December 2, 2007

Illinois and Indiana Wing search and rescue teams wound up a two-day seach by locating the wreckage of a home-built aircraft near the Benton Municipal Airport in Southern Illinois.  The downed aircraft was located this morning by a CAP ground team.   The pilot was the sole occupant of the Rand KR-2 homebuilt (similar model shown below).  He did not survive the crash. 

Click here for full size photo!

Illinois Wing Chief of Staff, Lt Col Rick Oeth, served as the Mission Incident Commander.  The Indiana Wing DO, Maj Matt Creed, also joined in today's search efforts.  CAP, along with ESDA and police officials, participated in a press conference held at 1300 hours CST.  Lt Col Paul Hertel, Illinios Wing Deputy PA and Group 1 Commander, served as the Mission Information Officer.

Adverse weather conditions grounded search planes today.  More information on the "find" will follow, but for now, you can review some of the early media coverage by accessing the links below.

KFVS-TV (CBS)
Cape Girardeau, MO
http://www.kfvs12.com/

WPSD-TV (NBC)
Paducah, KY
http://www.wpsdtv.com/

Congratulations to all involved. 
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4