Main Menu

CLC course whats in it?

Started by AlaskanCFI, November 03, 2007, 08:29:27 PM

AlaskanCFI

It turns out that I need a CLC (Corp Leadership Course) to make major.  I have long since done everything else.
I thought I had taken the course, but according to my records I took the squadron leadership course twice in two different places, during two different years.  Oddly enough they were pretty different in how they were taught.   

So far I have not been able to find a CLC scheduled in Alaska. 
Is it a big deal or just two days of power point presentation?
Major, Squadron Commander Stan-Eval..Instructor Pilot- Alaska Wing CAP
Retired Alaska Air Guard
Retired State of Alaska Law Dawg, Retired Vol Firefighter and EMT
Ex-Navy, Ex-Army,
Firearms Instructor
Alaskan Tailwheel and Floatplane CFI
http://www.floatplanealaska.com

RiverAux

floridacyclist

We were on a committee last month to review and propose changes to the CLC curriculum. Some of the stuff is pretty decent, and some needs to be moved to SLS (management of volunteers etc - something FEMA and Red Cross make an entire class out of). Overall it's not bad as long as you remember the primary goal is to prepare you for the 10,000ft view of CAP.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

jimmydeanno

Well, fortunately for you the Corporate Learning Course will probably just be two days of powerpoint for you.  But, I could be wrong, depending on who puts it on it could be the best PD course you've ever taken.

Here's the link to the Power Point Slides and Course outlines...

Level III Stuff
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Eclipse

The new SLS is excellent, and the new CLC will be when it is finalized.

"That Others May Zoom"

floridacyclist

Halfway through directing my first SLS. I like the emphasis on Officership rather than plain old job skills which is what I remember most from my own SLS
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

Eclipse

And neither is really death by Powerpoint anymore - they are very light on slides which prompt the discussion.

"That Others May Zoom"