CAP Young Eagles report in "MEMBER REPORTS" Section on NHQ

Started by genejackson, November 01, 2007, 06:13:24 PM

genejackson

When I go to MEMBER REPORTS on my restricted application side at National HQ and drill down the menu, at the bottom is CAP Young Eagles.   If I put in 10/1/07 to 11/1/07, there are 15 pages of names and addresses.

Can anyone share with me what this is all about?   I've asked Wing HQ and even called the NOC to see if they can tell me what this is about but no-joy (in pilot talk).

Very interested if there is a program going on out there where CAP is doing Young Eagle type flying as this would also be a wonderful opportunity to further our cadet recruiting reaches.

Thanks,
Gene

Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

SJFedor

They're not the junior cadets. All the DOBs put them in the normal cadet range of 12+, I thought that at first too, but found I have access to it as well.

Perhaps these are kids that joined in that timeframe, and noted that Young Eagles had something to do w/ their joining? Or maybe these are cadets that happened to fly during Young Eagles flight programs not involved w/ CAP, but noted that they were CAP members, and Young Eagles reported it?

Speculation, speculation....hmmm.....

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

KingLemur

Two of the cadets listed on the 197 pages of report (1 Jan 07 - 1 Nov 07) are members in my unit. IIRC both of them found out about my unit during a Young Eagle event that we set up a recruiting tent at. That being said, I'm pretty sure we didn't put that on their application so I'm not sure how that information is being reported to NHQ.

genejackson

I can't seem to find anyone who can fully explain this report, but it's quite interesting to say the least.   I know we are on the verge of flying JRROTC as soon as the "front office" signs off on everything so we may well be seeing CAP reach out to even more areas to get cadets.   One of the states (I forget which) recently started a program called CAPPY for kids under 12 to join up and start even earlier in CAP.   All of this is very interesting me to none the less.

Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

Tim Medeiros

Having seen this report last week, and knowing that dates of the first o-flight of some of my friends that are still cadets, it appears to be a listing of when cadets took their first orientation flight.  I wouldn't recommend calling the NOC, rather submit a helpdesk question at https://capnhq.crmdesk.com/ask.aspx  I've always received quick responses to my questions about things there.
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

a2capt

There was an MOU in place dealing specifically with Young Eagles and O-Flights. It may be considered bad to post here and not have the linky.. I can't find it right now, but I did print the thing out and include it in a unit Operations Binder some years back, said binder is at the unit, not here. ..

Cobra1597

Quote from: a2capt on November 02, 2007, 05:08:21 PM
There was an MOU in place dealing specifically with Young Eagles and O-Flights. It may be considered bad to post here and not have the linky.. I can't find it right now, but I did print the thing out and include it in a unit Operations Binder some years back, said binder is at the unit, not here. ..

I don't know if it is the same program we have know, but after my first o-flight I received stuff in the mail telling me I was an EAA Young Eagle. Still have the sticker. Mind you, this was back in 97/98, so the program may have changed since then.
Harrison Ingraham, Capt, CAP
MAWG External Aerospace Education Officer, ADY
Spaatz #1597