Main Menu

Senior PT?

Started by LittleIronPilot, October 10, 2007, 01:20:26 PM

LittleIronPilot

Quote from: Flying Pig on October 10, 2007, 06:16:43 PM
When I was the Dep for Cadets for Sq. 45 MARB and Sq. 59 at Hemet I did the PT test with the cadets every month.  As far as Senior PT....it could be fun, but just make sure you dont look down or penalize those who choose not to take part.

No penalization or "looking" down at anyone. Heck the first thing one of the seniors told me was basically "now at least the Cadets won't think we are all fat, old men....which we are!" LOL

I just wanted to get exercise and healthy living on peoples minds. Perhaps we will talk about it tonight after the meeting...over beers! hahahahaha

Major Carrales

I think it should be an optional movement in the CAP starting at the grassroots level.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Mike Goblet

Just for interest's sake, this link leads to an Excel spreadsheet the folks at CHairForce have posted. Look at your age group, and see how well you match up to what are presented as the current AF Physical Fitness Standards.

The file is clean, according to the CAP Official Virus Detector/Exterminator.

http://www.chairforce.com/fit2sit/fitcalc.xls
JAMES M GOBLET, Major, CAP
8049th Cadet Squadron

caplegalnc

I have to do my USAR APFT on Saturday so I'll get to moan, groan, sweat and remeber how easy it was to do the 14:30  two mile run when I was young, dumb and still Infantry.
Chief Justice
NC-019