Mitchell Ribbon and the Clasp

Started by PaulR, September 08, 2007, 05:18:32 PM

PaulR

I have noticed an "S" clasp in the Michell award Ribbon.  What is this and what is it for?  We did not have this when I was in.

Regards
Paul

MIKE

What?  No such award.  The old Spaatz had an S on the actual ribbon and Mitchell had an M IIRC.  The only authorized attachment is a siliver star for Cadet Officer School.
Mike Johnston

Hill CAP

Quote from: PaulR on September 08, 2007, 05:18:32 PM
I have noticed an "S" clasp in the Michell award Ribbon.  What is this and what is it for?  We did not have this when I was in.

Regards
Paul

Paul.

The only authorized attachment to the Mitchell Ribbon IAW CAPR 39-2 CAP Awards and Decorations is a silver star for those completing Cadet Officer School which may be moved to your highest Achievement ribbon upon changing to Adult Officer.

I presume you are speaking of the S that shows up when you use a ribbon checker that is on a website I can't recall off the top of my head but this one allows you to add CAP Badges and Military Awards as well. The S should be a silver star not sure why it shows up as an S instead.

Hope this helps.
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues

MIKE

Quote from: TNCAP 20 on September 08, 2007, 05:37:33 PM
I presume you are speaking of the S that shows up when you use a ribbon checker that is on a website I can't recall off the top of my head but this one allows you to add CAP Badges and Military Awards as well. The S should be a silver star not sure why it shows up as an S instead.

It's this one IIRC: http://www.medals.lava.pl/us/uschk.htm

Mike Johnston

Eagle400

Quote from: MIKE on September 08, 2007, 06:21:15 PMIt's this one IIRC: http://www.medals.lava.pl/us/uschk.htm

That's the one.

To have a silver star put in the center of the ribbon, type in "6" for the number of awards. 

baronet68

Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP

PaulR

Thanks for clearing this one up for me.   :)