Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 16, 2019, 01:28:18 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: How do you get promoted
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How do you get promoted  (Read 3151 times)
Cadet Bonnett
Forum Regular

« on: June 22, 2005, 12:56:07 AM »

How can someone get promoted. One or 2 people have in my squadron and i don't understand how.
Cadet A1C Christin Bonnett
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

El Campamento del Ala de NH aquí yo vengo.
whatevah
Administrator

my personal website, yo!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 01:57:39 AM »

ask your flight sergeant or flight commander. really, that's who you should ask questions about CAP, it's their job to help the cadets.

I'll give a general answer, though.

To be promoted, you usually have to complete one or two written tests, a phsyical test, and sometimes a basic drill test.  The information on the written tests come from the Leadership manual, or from the Aerospace modules (which you should be studying for a minimum of one hour a week).   After you've completed the testing requirements, and if you've have the minimum time between promotions (usually 2 months), then you can be promoted.

Once again, though... talk to your flight staff members, they'll be able to tell you all the specifics of how your squadron does things.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin
Major_Chuck
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 02:37:07 AM »

How can someone get promoted. One or 2 people have in my squadron and i don't understand how.

As a cadet your promotions are based upon your performance and completion of the various achievement levels within the cadet program.  Test scores, physical fitness scores, participation, etc.

Seniors have a progression track as well but I won't bore you with the details of it.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard
arajca

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 12:53:14 PM »

Seniors have a progression track as well but I won't bore you with the details of it.
Bore? How about 'confuse'? ;D
Pylon
Administrator

Unit: NER-NH-038

Michael Kieloch, Marketing Communications & PR Leadership
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 07:02:10 PM »

Bore? How about 'confuse'? ;D

Yeah, most of us don't even understand it half of the time.   ::) ;D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP
Concord Composite Squadron, NH       
abysmal

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 10:51:13 PM »

Thats it, WE should all go talk to OUR flight Sergents and let them get us squared away!!  ;)
2LT Christopher M. Parrett
Deputy Commander of Cadets, Cadet Programs Officer
London Bridge Composite Squadron 501
SWR-AZ-112,  Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: How do you get promoted