National Commander Suspended

Started by SeattleSarge, August 06, 2007, 05:07:05 PM

Well with FOIA it's a double edged sword.  Yes the public does have a right to the information, but it's not like they're going to publish the report and nail it to the town hall door.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Mustang

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 07, 2007, 12:30:46 PM
If he isn't allowed to make contact with any member of CAP how does he appeal his decision...

"I'm sorry Mr. Pineda, you talked to the National IG, you're done..."  ;)

Directly to the MARB, same as any member. He has no reason to contact the IG or anyone else. But ultimately, what the BoG says, goes.  They hold ALL the cards.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Nomex Maximus

Clearly MG Pineda has been nominated for eviction from the Big Brother house. His only hope is that he wins the Power Of Veto competition and takes himself off the block. But what will America's player do? Find out Monday night on Big Brother 8...
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

mm, i don't think he'll win the power of veto this week.  his only hope is that not many people try to vote him out of the house. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

ddelaney103

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 07, 2007, 05:11:08 PM
Well with FOIA it's a double edged sword.  Yes the public does have a right to the information, but it's not like they're going to publish the report and nail it to the town hall door.

Most of the report will be exempt from FOIA, anyway.  If CAP corporate is subject to FOIA, which is unclear.

Nomex Maximus

I think he should be allowed to stay if he hangs upside down from a trapeze longer than anyone else in CAP while fake birds drop fake bird droppings on him.

Hey, come to think of it, isn't that really a better way to choose our next National Commander?  
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

RiverAux

CAP, or one of its various levels of command certainly can order a member not to have contact with another member...They can't throw that member in jail for breaking that order, but they can kick that person out of the organization for not following the terms of their suspension.  It doesn't have anything to do with freedom of speech or assembly. 

We're talking about the release of the investigation once it's complete. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

JC004

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on August 07, 2007, 05:50:50 PM
Clearly MG Pineda has been nominated for eviction from the Big Brother house. His only hope is that he wins the Power Of Veto competition and takes himself off the block. But what will America's player do? Find out Monday night on Big Brother 8...

was that a Black Van I heard?

Smokey

NEWS FLASH....

THIS JUST OUT...........

THIS OUGHT TO BE INTERESTING.......

QuoteMembers of the National Board:

Yesterday you received an email from Susie Parker that was sent on behalf of M Gen. Richard Bowling, stating that the BOG suspended me as your National Commander.

Civil Air Patrol has rules and regulations that we, as members, must abide by. Those rules are known as the Civil Air Patrol Constitution, By Laws and Regulations.  The BOG also has to abide by these same documents, and in this case, they clearly did not, as they don't have the authority to suspend or remove the National Commander.

The National Board, as stated in article 15 page 8, is the only entity that has that authority after following the procedures required by our National Legal Officer.  None of those steps were followed in this case.

I have included in this letter a copy of article 15 for you to read.  I am currently enroute to the Summer National Board Meeting to assume my duties as National Commander.

Corporations and citizens of this country are all governed by laws and regulations. We in the Civil Air Patrol are no different, especially when we are supposed to guide our cadets and members to be model citizens.

The constitution of our great country gives us the right to free speech and no one can take that away from us.   

I will see you at the National Board and we will resolve this misunderstanding with our BOG.  Thank you for your support and LET'S ROLL.

Tony Pineda     

ARTICLE XV 

CORPORATE OFFICER SUSPENSION AND REMOVAL 

1. The National Commander or National Vice Commander may be removed from office only by a vote, in person or by proxy, of two-thirds of the authorized positions of the National Board at a duly constituted regular or special meeting of the Board. The process to consider removal shall be as follows:

a. The National Commander or National Vice Commander may be removed from office for personal misconduct involving moral turpitude which creates an appearance of serious impropriety to the public or which may discredit or embarrass the Civil Air Patrol and/or the United States Air Force. Charges of personal misconduct must be forwarded promptly to the National Legal Officer who shall immediately notify the National Commander, National Vice Commander, and Commander CAP-USAF, provide the National Commander or National Vice Commander an opportunity to respond to the allegations, and cause the charges to be investigated. Copies of the charges, responses, results of the investigation and findings shall be provided to all members of the National Board and to the Air Staff. The National Legal Officer will poll the members of the National Board, by telephone, fax and/or e-mail and, if a majority of the members of the National Board determine that there is cause for further action, the National Board shall convene to vote on removal or retention, and the subject officer shall be in a suspended status until the issue is decided by the National Board. 

b. The National Board will convene to consider removal of the National Commander or National Vice Commander for any reason if a request, including the reason for such removal, is signed by a majority of the authorized positions of the National Board and is presented to and approved as to form by the National Legal Officer. The subject officer shall be in a suspended status from the approval of the petition until the issue is decided by the National Board. 

2. The National Inspector General may be removed from office only by a majority vote of the Board of Governors. Removal may be with or without cause and is not subject to appeal.

3. Any other Civil Air Patrol corporate officer, except paid staff, shall be subject to suspension or removal from office by the incumbent of the office having the authority to appoint such officer. Removal or suspension from corporate office may be only for cause such as gross inefficiency in office or misconduct. Prior written notice and opportunity to correct must be given to a corporate officer before gross inefficiency may be used to suspend or remove from office.

Edited for length. Spacing removed - MIKE
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

Smokey

I think the fhit just hit the san......

wingnut

Well, someone might just have bought his one way ticket out of the program. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

mikeylikey

hmmm........this situation has embarrassed us all.  TP needs to resign and we need to move on.  This will hurt recruiting for sure.  Just think.....a prospective member goes to CAP.GOV and the first thing they see is "National Commander Suspended........cheating on AF test".  What a shame, for all of us!
What's up monkeys?

mikeylikey

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 07, 2007, 07:54:26 PM
Well, someone might just have bought his one way ticket out of the program. 

AGREED!
What's up monkeys?

Smokey

HOLY SHOWDOWN CAPMAN

(With apologies to Robin & Batman)

Major Lord

Ballsy...stupid.....but ballsy!

Capt/Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Nomex Maximus

Clearly he is still hanging on his trapeeze and the fake birds are still doing their thing.

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

So who thinks he'll be the first National Commander to be removed? 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Nomex Maximus

Quote from: Smokey on August 07, 2007, 07:46:58 PM
NEWS FLASH....

THIS JUST OUT...........

THIS OUGHT TO BE INTERESTING.......

QuoteMembers of the National Board:

Yesterday you received an email from Susie Parker that was sent on behalf of M Gen. Richard Bowling, stating that the BOG suspended me as your National Commander.

Smokey - where di this come from???

Tags - MIKE

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song