July 02, 2020, 08:29:06 am

sUAS Mission Task Guide

Started by etodd, July 11, 2019, 07:22:53 pm

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

etodd

For those who are interested, the first version of the sUAS Mission Pilot and Technician Task Guide is online for your viewing pleasure.

Most info is from existing Task Guides. Some IMHO, could have been left out, but hey, its from HDQS:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45x1hh491nl1iqm/AACu04UWDu9bQLpD1GkqWtTta?dl=0&preview=sUAS_MP_T_TaskGuide_V2.pdf
MS - MO - AP - MP - FRO - ESO

sUAS MP - sUAS Instructor - sUAS Check Pilot

PHall

Is it really from Headquarters? Last I looked they didn't publish via Drop Box.

THRAWN

Quote from: PHall on July 11, 2019, 08:17:27 pm
Is it really from Headquarters? Last I looked they didn't publish via Drop Box.


The procedure is outlined in CAPR13-1.
Strup
"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016

Spam


It may be from NHQ, but you sure couldn't tell these days...


Someone needs to tell them that they have a process (if they care), and that the place to put it is here:
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/emergency-services/education-and-training
which is called out on the official "Indexes, Regulations and Manuals" page at
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/members/publications/indexes-regulations-and-manuals-1700
Quote:
"R60-3 26 Dec 12 CAP Emergency Services Training and Operational Missions DO
  R60-3 Task guides are available electronically for all specialties at Ops  under ES Curriculum DOS"


... and not on a stupid nonsecure Drop box, like this is some high school band or chorus document circulated by DM between girlfriends.


V/r
Spam



CAP9907

I'd like to see where these operations qualifications fall on the 'Qualified Supervisors' chart... 

Supposedly, 'trainees are only allowed to operate in the field' under their guidance.
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

Holding Pattern

Page 1: July 2019
Footer on all future pages: January 2019

Holding Pattern

This document has poor resolution pictures taken directly from manuals. Has copyright permission been obtained for this? If so, it should be noted: "Copyright $COMPANYNAME, Reproduced with permission".

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Spam on July 11, 2019, 09:26:45 pm

It may be from NHQ, but you sure couldn't tell these days...


Someone needs to tell them that they have a process (if they care), and that the place to put it is here:
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/emergency-services/education-and-training
which is called out on the official "Indexes, Regulations and Manuals" page at
https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/members/publications/indexes-regulations-and-manuals-1700
Quote:
"R60-3 26 Dec 12 CAP Emergency Services Training and Operational Missions DO
  R60-3 Task guides are available electronically for all specialties at Ops  under ES Curriculum DOS"


... and not on a stupid nonsecure Drop box, like this is some high school band or chorus document circulated by DM between girlfriends.


V/r
Spam


The process technically can't be used until the publications moratorium has been lifted.

Eclipse

I have it on good authority the next webinar will be on Snapchat.



Holding Pattern

Quote from: Eclipse on July 11, 2019, 10:43:48 pm
I have it on good authority the next webinar will be on Snapchat.


Protected by a recaptcha

etodd

Such negativity towards CAP Hdqs.  You would think this is that crazy anti-CAP group page to read these comments.  I thought you guys liked the CAP Command we have?
MS - MO - AP - MP - FRO - ESO

sUAS MP - sUAS Instructor - sUAS Check Pilot

Holding Pattern

Quote from: etodd on July 11, 2019, 10:50:57 pm
Such negativity towards CAP Hdqs.  You would think this is that crazy anti-CAP group page to read these comments.  I thought you guys liked the CAP Command we have?


If CAP Command continues to ignore its own regulations and implement half-ass security measures without member feedback, publish task guide drafts using copyrighted information without attribution, and refuse to allow members to help with the publications rewrite, then said command has earned these comments.

etodd

Quote from: PHall on July 11, 2019, 08:17:27 pm
Is it really from Headquarters? Last I looked they didn't publish via Drop Box.



I mentioned a couple months ago that this might be the beginning of the New CAP, and people acted like I was nuts.  Well, here we are. It's the New CAP.

Out with the old. In with the new way of doing things. Climb aboard the train.  🤣
MS - MO - AP - MP - FRO - ESO

sUAS MP - sUAS Instructor - sUAS Check Pilot

etodd

Quote from: Holding Pattern

..., and refuse to allow members to help with the publications rewrite, then said command has earned these comments.


Hdqs is asking for comments regarding the new Task Guide. Feel free to send your ideas along.
MS - MO - AP - MP - FRO - ESO

sUAS MP - sUAS Instructor - sUAS Check Pilot

Gunsotsu

See what I mean?

Just shut down this sub-forum until sUAS is official so we don't have to endure Eclipse, et. al., and these needless attacks.

Fester

Quote from: Gunsotsu on July 12, 2019, 03:12:28 am
See what I mean?

Just shut down this sub-forum until sUAS is official so we don't have to endure Eclipse, et. al., and these needless attacks.


Or shut down the sub-forum until something official is released to the general membership via the appropriate prescribed procedure outlined in all our other regulations.  :)
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Eclipse

Quote from: Gunsotsu on July 12, 2019, 03:12:28 am
See what I mean?

Just shut down this sub-forum until sUAS is official so we don't have to endure Eclipse, et. al., and these needless attacks.


"Eclipse, et. al." That's good.  5 other people comment on the thread, and it's "Eclipse, et. al.".



etodd

It would help if I didn't egg Eclipse on. I admit that. I'll take some blame here.

Maybe most have figured out just to get the top info, and then ignore the remainder of the thread.

Bottom line to many concerns:  YES, it is indeed CAP Headquarters who is pushing this out. Its not just a bunch of rogue cowboys doing it "on their own".  Many Wings are ramping this up quickly and HEADQUARTERS is encouraging us to move quickly.

Its up to your Wing Command to decide when (and maybe if) they want to participate.  Sounding like a handful just are not interested. Its not for everyone. I get that.  I'm simply putting out helpful info to any that are actually interested.
MS - MO - AP - MP - FRO - ESO

sUAS MP - sUAS Instructor - sUAS Check Pilot

THRAWN

More likely it is CAP HQ that needs to do things according to their own policies and those of the parent and regulatory organizations before they find themselves getting slam dunked by the USAF, FAA, and every lawyer that can make a case.
Strup
"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016

Eclipse

Quote from: THRAWN on July 12, 2019, 02:46:40 pm
More likely it is CAP HQ that needs to do things according to their own policies and those of the parent and regulatory organizations before they find themselves getting slam dunked by the USAF, FAA, and every lawyer that can make a case.


+1 It's "Do as I say not as I do fatigue."