Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 18, 2019, 10:47:11 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Encampments & NCSAs  |  Topic: RCLS/Cadet Officer School
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: RCLS/Cadet Officer School  (Read 626 times)
BigSupernova

Unit: FL-435

« on: June 18, 2019, 02:11:43 AM »

I noticed that a requirement for Cadet Lt. Colonel according to the Cadet Super Chart was a Cadet Officer School or RCLS. I'm already past the RCLS deadline but I was wondering if Cadet Officer School was also a NCSA, when it takes place, when registration ends, and more.
I would have been able to search this up myself but I did not find the original NCSA website, nor was I able to locate any information on a Cadet Officer School. Any guidance is appreciated.
Report to moderator   Logged
Phil Hirons, Jr.
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: NER-RI-001

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 02:26:24 AM »

COS is a RCLA.

The RCLS does not have to be the one for your Region.
xray328
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 02:35:55 PM »

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/cadets/activities/national-cadet-special-activities/cadet-officer-school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kayll'b

Unit: PCR-WA-080

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 03:14:33 AM »

COS is a RCLA.

*Mind blown*
I_Am_Twigs
Forum Regular

Unit: RMR-ID-069

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 07:44:14 PM »

RCLS and COS get you the same credit required for you Eaker Award.

The requirements for basic COS is that you must be at least 16 by the start of the activity but not over 21 by the end of the activity, you must have your Billy Mitchell Award, and you cannot have been a past graduate of COS.

COS 2019 starts June 25th, so you're too late to apply; however, you can try for a RCLS whenever you find one, or COS next year.
C/1st Lt, CAP
"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." -Winston Churchill
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Encampments & NCSAs  |  Topic: RCLS/Cadet Officer School