Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2019, 09:00:57 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: Do you like the new eservices?
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Poll
Question: Which is better, the updated or the unupdated eservices?
2.0 (Updated)
2.0 (Old)

Author Topic: Do you like the new eservices?  (Read 955 times)
Kayll'b

« on: May 01, 2019, 12:58:04 AM »

eservices meaning the website. :D
Report to moderator   Logged
C/2d Lt

Mitchell # 69847

Cadet Leadership officer
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time With Silver Clasp

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 02:25:43 AM »

The version everyone is now using isn't really "new" - it's been in "Beta" (the same way Fortnite is) for at least 4 years.

There's been a slight tweak to the UI, but it is still inconsistent, and potentially confusing to new members because
its modules were / are all done piecemeal.

6/10.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 02:29:42 AM by Eclipse » Report to moderator   Logged

etodd
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 02:39:00 AM »

Only been here 3 1/2 years, so it all looks familiar to me. Guess I've always used the beta(?) The only thing I see different is a new menu layout on the home page. (Takes 5 minutes to create a new menu). Once I click thru to Ops Quals, etc., it all looks the same.  But as I say, I don't guess I ever saw the old version.
MS - MO - AP - MP - FRO - ESO

sUAS MP - sUAS Instructor - sUAS Check Pilot
Jim Lahaie
Recruit

Unit: GLR-IN-211

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 05:23:44 PM »

The version everyone is now using isn't really "new" - it's been in "Beta" (the same way Fortnite is) for at least 4 years.

There's been a slight tweak to the UI, but it is still inconsistent, and potentially confusing to new members because
its modules were / are all done piecemeal.

6/10.

The very fact that you referenced Fortnite is so honorable.  :clap:
Jim Lahaie
Cadet Senior Master Sergeant, CAP
Recruiting & Retention NCO
Cadet First Sergeant
"Because this is CAP Talk and that's what people like to do here."
Picy3

Unit: PCR-WA-015

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 07:43:12 PM »

I personally liked it better when you could mouse over the side tabs and have them pop up v/s now having to  click them. Being able to mouse over a ton of stuff to get to where I needed to go quickly was great and from what I've tested so far clicking the individual tabs is a bit of a longer process to find whatever you want. But I mean obviously it's not a huge time difference, I just really liked the way I used to be able to just move my mouse to get to the tabs.
Cadet Second Lieutenant who finally passed his Mitchell.

Rocketry badge, GTM3 badge, Solo Wings at a National Flight Academy, Encampment Cadre and two+ years of CAP in all its greatness.
DFAC - 2019 WRIII
Logistics - 2019 CFXXIV
Alpha Flight Commander - 2019 ACIV
Jim Lahaie
Recruit

Unit: GLR-IN-211

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 06:30:29 PM »

I completely agree. But, as you can expect, E-services has been updated to a 'sleeker and better version' multiple times in the past decade, which just confuses everyone using it. I wish that they would've stuck to the previous version, myself.
Jim Lahaie
Cadet Senior Master Sergeant, CAP
Recruiting & Retention NCO
Cadet First Sergeant
"Because this is CAP Talk and that's what people like to do here."
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: Do you like the new eservices?