Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2019, 11:29:46 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: CAP TV Interview
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: CAP TV Interview  (Read 2107 times)
etodd
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« on: March 30, 2019, 02:05:54 AM »

This Cadet has one of the best elevator speeches that beats out anything most Senior members can spit out. Great job!

https://www.keyc.com/story/40132972/local-civil-air-patrol-opens-opportunity-for-early-involvement
Report to moderator   Logged
MS - MO - AP - MP - FRO

sUAS MP - sUAS Instructor - sUAS Check Pilot
Gunsotsu
Forum Regular

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 03:00:52 PM »

Aside from the glaring errors, sure.

More impressive to a cadet short stack.
TheSkyHornet

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 03:31:10 PM »

I'll definitely give her this:
Her speaking style is highly professional. And you can tell she loves what she does based on her tones and inflections.
etodd

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 03:48:02 PM »

Her speaking style is highly professional. And you can tell she loves what she does based on her tones and inflections.

And this ^^^^ is what matters. She is out there marketing to potential recruits, and did a fantastic job. Those who "look for errors" totally miss the point.
MS - MO - AP - MP - FRO

sUAS MP - sUAS Instructor - sUAS Check Pilot
TheSkyHornet

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 03:59:04 PM »

And this ^^^^ is what matters. She is out there marketing to potential recruits, and did a fantastic job. Those who "look for errors" totally miss the point.

So, I don't think looking for errors is necessary bad. I think it's how those errors are addressed later.

I like to end feedback on a positive note when I can. I'd immediately give her the kudos when she walks away from the camera. Let her have that moment for a while. Then, maybe a week or so later, do the sit down. "Great job. Super proud. How do you feel? Here's what I really liked...okay, so while we're here, let's talk about a few things....for next time, or if you work with another cadet that plans to do this, maybe try....Again, awesome job. This is exactly what I like to see. Proud of you. Stay golden."

It's kind of a science.

The mechanics of the interview were really well done. Maybe a little bit dry as a segment overall, but that's not uncommon. It's not high-moto, thrilling stuff. It was very classy, professional, and heart-filled.
Fester
Seasoned Member

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 08:51:22 AM »

I thought she did fantastic.  I'm glad life hasn't turned her to an eternal cynic like some of us here.  :D
JacobAnn

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 11:37:52 AM »

I thought she did fantastic.  I'm glad life hasn't turned her to an eternal cynic like some of us here.  :D

X2, awesome presentation.
Forum Regular

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 09:25:16 PM »

Simply outstanding work!
shuman14

Unit: NHQ-996

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 09:56:15 PM »

Well spoken young lady.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 -1998, 2000 - Present     CAP (National Patron) 2013 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000       USCGAux: 2004 - Present
MSgt Van
Seasoned Member

Unit: NCR-MN-001

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 06:51:13 PM »

Her and her sister are rock stars in Mn Wing. Fantastic cadets. It's fun to watch them grow!
SMSgt John D. Vanderhoof, CAP
NCR-MN-001
Minnesota Wing Command NCO
CAPDepCom

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 05:31:41 PM »

She is out there marketing to potential recruits, and did a fantastic job. Those who "look for errors" totally miss the point.

Absolutely.  Anyone who knocks her for "errors" *is* missing the point.  I'd also ask them when the last time was when they stepped forward to be interviewed by their local tv or radio station in a positive recruiting and retention manner to promote CAP so well, so succinctly, and so enthusiastically.
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: CAP TV Interview