Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2019, 03:02:41 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: Goals And Aspirations
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Goals And Aspirations  (Read 590 times)
TheMeepMan
Recruit

Unit: NER-NJ

« on: March 27, 2019, 03:36:06 AM »

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering, what are your goals and aspirations for yourself in CAP? Where do you want to be? What is that final goal? I would love to hear what you guys have to say.
Report to moderator   Logged
C/CMSgt TheMeepMan
Squadron Flight Sgt
Squadron Emergency Services NCO
Squadron Communications NCO
Squadron IT NCO
etodd
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 04:03:14 AM »

Interesting question.  I don't really have many goals for myself, other than mentoring and helping others. Just finished up a training class of new Mission Scanners, and also a new Airborne Photographer for our Squadron. Organizing a Cadet O-Ride day soon. Will meet with some of our Squadrons new Part 107 pilots this week to start training them how to fly a DJI P4P, since our Wing is starting up its sUAS Program now.

I'm a 2nd LT, and will probably never rise above that level. I'm a MS, MO, AL, FRO, and MP and just enjoy working in the trenches, and helping others.

Only three years in CAP, so who knows what the future may bring...
MS - MO - AP - MP - FRO

sUAS MP - sUAS Instructor - sUAS Check Pilot
Briank

Unit: GLR-MI-063

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 10:37:03 AM »

Not sure, still trying to figure that out.  Been in about 3.5 years and have been in 3 different units.  Made 1st Lt, but don't feel like I've really accomplished anything.  Joined to fly, but never managed to get a Form 5 done and currently am indefinitely self-grounded for ear equalization issues.  Tried to get going on the Comm side of things too, but really haven't made any progress.  Everything seems like such an uphill battle and I don't have much spare time for those battles.  I feel like there's *something* I should be doing in CAP, I really like the organization and what it does, but I'm just not getting it figured out.
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: Goals And Aspirations