Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2019, 12:59:33 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: PAO Specialty Track
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PAO Specialty Track  (Read 1162 times)
Stonewall
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« on: December 20, 2018, 02:36:35 PM »

Quote from: CAPP 201
Produce four news releases, two of which must contain photos taken by the PAO; have them approved by the unit commander and document distribution to the media. Two of these releases will be sent to NHQ/PA for possible inclusion on VolunteerNow by using the NHQ submission template.

As a former Squadron Commander and Deputy Commander for Cadets, by default I have worked in the public affairs role on dozens of occasions. On two occasions, I worked directly with members of NHQ’s PA staff that published articles in Volunteer magazine.  I have written at least 10 articles about CAP (events, people, accomplishments) and still have most of them.  All of this was BEFORE I was recently assigned as the squadron PAO.

Should any of my previous work count towards the requirements for achieving the Technician rating in the PAO specialty track?

Asking for a friend. Kidding. Just curious of your thoughts on this.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 03:30:17 PM by Stonewall » Logged
Luis R. Ramos

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 03:07:14 PM »

I think it counts.

:angel:

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 03:07:29 PM »

I would say yes it should count, unless the requirement specifies otherwise (there's some ratings that have service
or other tasks that specify "after attaining, etc.).

NIN

Unit: of issue

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 03:27:41 PM »

Of course, I think one of the requirements might be to use a dictionary to spell "specialty"

Darin Ninness, Lt Col, CAP
Sq Bubba, Wing Dude, National Guy
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2019 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.
Stonewall

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 03:31:19 PM »

Of course, I think one of the requirements might be to use a dictionary to spell "specialty"

Hey man, I thought I did pretty good for being on my iPhone and not having my glasses.
NIN

Unit: of issue

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 04:10:04 PM »

Hey man, I thought I did pretty good for being on my iPhone and not having my glasses.

Double PAO fail...
Darin Ninness, Lt Col, CAP
Sq Bubba, Wing Dude, National Guy
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2019 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.
CAP9907
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 09:13:28 PM »

Looks like a lot will depend on your OJT mentor and the Unit CC.. if you have done and still can do the tasks, they probably should count (P-201 doesn’t say when the tasks need to be completed, just that they are).
19 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0
OldGuy

Unit: TBKS

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 04:54:56 AM »

Looks like a lot will depend on your OJT mentor and the Unit CC.. if you have done and still can do the tasks, they probably should count (P-201 doesn’t say when the tasks need to be completed, just that they are).
Agreed, although I chose to redo almost all (I have been PAO/PIO in both CAP and private sector off and on again for over 40 years) as I wanted to discover what has changed - and boy did I!
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: PAO Specialty Track