Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 16, 2018, 04:14:08 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: Stay in CAP or find Another Way to Serve
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Stay in CAP or find Another Way to Serve  (Read 400 times)
francisderosa16

« on: October 22, 2018, 06:13:21 PM »

Hello,
I wanted to go into the armed forces, but I have disabilities. Should I stay and CAP and be a SAR operative or be in CAP and have a job that is another form of serving while in CAP. By the way, they are not physical disabilities. Any advice?

DeRosa
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 06:23:56 PM »

If you have the desire to serve, there will always be opportunities, both in CAP and outside of it.

There are any number of area within ES that members with limited mobility, or sensory issues could still
participate fully, not to mention the 2 other important missions of CAP, all of which have similar opportunities.

As a cadet-aged person with medical issues, your first and foremost concern should be working through
them and your education so that you can have a satisfying life, and within CAP, instead of limiting the
lane you can play in artificially, just participate as you can and explore opportunities as they are available and
your abilities allow.

Jester
Seasoned Member

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 07:21:29 PM »

As stated, CAP will always have a place for you regardless of your challenges. 

Focus on the present, the CAP piece of your future is stable.
francisderosa16

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 08:31:17 PM »

Thank you!
TheSkyHornet
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 11:59:36 AM »

CAP will make the effort to accommodate your disabilities. You must also make the effort to overcome them.

Don't let excuses exclude you from participating or performing your role.
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: Stay in CAP or find Another Way to Serve