Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2018, 05:31:48 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Cadet Programs Management & Activities  |  Topic: CAC Pamphlet
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CAC Pamphlet  (Read 1033 times)
Capmonkey
Forum Regular

« on: August 05, 2018, 09:03:04 AM »

Hey, guys!
     I have a quick question. Looking in 60-1, as well as in a presentation about CAC I just read from someone in an un-named wing, there is supposedly a CAPP 60-34 (CAC Guide) to replace CAPP 52-19. I haven't been able to find said CAPP 60-34. Could any of you assist me in finding this, or is it possibly still in the works? I just got elected Chairman of WCAC, and would like to schedule a Town Hall. Thanks for you help!

Sincerely,
C/Maj Capmonkey
OldGuy
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: TBKS

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 09:31:40 AM »

It sure is referenced in the regs, no where to be found yet.
Capmonkey
Forum Regular

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 12:26:35 PM »

I was just curious. Maybe National HQ Cadet Programs knew. I'll just be patient and wait for it, and run CAC for my wing according to CAPR 60-1 Chapter 7, and CAPP 52-19. Thanks for the help, sir.
PHall

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 09:07:59 PM »

The Cadet Programs Section, all 3 of them, is putting out the the revised regs as fast as they can.
Of course they have all of their "normal" duties to complete too. So give them a break.
Capmonkey
Forum Regular

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 09:09:14 PM »

Understood. Just a curious cadet  ;) problem solved.
UWONGO2
Forum Regular

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 07:56:32 PM »

I hope the new pamphlet has "CAC is not an activities committee" in big bold letters on the first page.
Ned
Resident Philosopher

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 08:14:59 PM »

The pamphlet is mostly just being renumbered to fit the publication re-engineering mandates.  We do not plan any substantive changes at this time.

(But I have certainly added the "this ain't the Cadet Activities Committee" idea to the list of proposed revisions for the next time we do a re-write.)

Ned Lee
National Cadet Program Manager
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 08:18:11 PM »

I wonder often how many cadets, not to mention their CAC senior facilitators (along with DCPs)
have actually read the pamphlet and understand why CACs exist at all.

TheSkyHornet

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 08:36:31 PM »

I wonder often how many cadets, not to mention their CAC senior facilitators (along with DCPs)
have actually read the pamphlet and understand why CACs exist at all.

This.

(But I have certainly added the "this ain't the Cadet Activities Committee" idea to the list of proposed revisions for the next time we do a re-write.)

And this.

That seems to tie right in with the other post about the Wing CAC chair expecting the cadets to organize a social event.

It's not a cadet booster club.
Capmonkey
Forum Regular

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 10:08:50 PM »

Since you're referencing said CAC Chair, I am not expecting cadets to plan a social event, Wing officers. You do whatever the DCP tells you. End of story. CAC for the wing will advise and plan the social as a cadet would, then propose it and SUGGEST it to the DCP. I apologize for having proactive cadets who actually want to have an impact in THEIR program.
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Cadet Programs Management & Activities  |  Topic: CAC Pamphlet