Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 15, 2018, 11:19:45 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Encampments & NCSAs  |  Topic: Earning the Ranger tab outside of Hawk
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Earning the Ranger tab outside of Hawk  (Read 1187 times)
xray328
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« on: August 03, 2018, 01:17:09 PM »

Can a cadet earn the ranger tab outside of going to Hawk? Who can certify that training and is it documented somewhere?  What’s required above GTM3 for Ranger 3rd class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jester
Seasoned Member

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 01:33:51 PM »

Yes. Go to the HMRS page and look for Stan-Eval. There are testing sheets for each Ranger proficiency grade and contact info to get you specific answers.
xray328

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 08:25:24 PM »

What are the two required “sanctioned ranger program activities”?

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/056b63_6fd6bb9ad41d454db230c8b169daceb0.pdf

darkmatter
Forum Regular

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 08:27:24 AM »

The summer and winter ranger courses
xray328

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 08:28:52 AM »

So you can’t earn the tab without attending one of their courses then?

Jester
Seasoned Member

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 12:16:01 PM »

Ranger-sanctioned activities basically need some approval by Stan-Eval. KYWG runs an in-state Ranger training program that awards Ranger 3rd Class. I’d start with them for more info.
GroundHawg

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 09:42:58 AM »

Ranger-sanctioned activities basically need some approval by Stan-Eval. KYWG runs an in-state Ranger training program that awards Ranger 3rd Class. I’d start with them for more info.

Many wings run a sanctioned Ranger training program, email staneval@capranger.org to see if anyone around you can and will be willing to set up a class.
I have gotten many to summer school with their R3 so they could come back R2 or Field Medic their first year. Good luck!
sarmed1

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 09:58:23 AM »

In Pennsylvania any of the HMRS activities lised on their calander count as sanctioned Ranger activities.  Most Wing oraganized activites outside of PA as "Ranger" trainnig count (though those I would verify with the HMRS stan/eval address before "counting it")

MK
Mark Kleibscheidel
TSgt USAFR
DakRadz

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 03:42:01 PM »

Many wings run a sanctioned Ranger training program, email staneval@capranger.org to see if anyone around you can and will be willing to set up a class.
I have gotten many to summer school with their R3 so they could come back R2 or Field Medic their first year. Good luck!
Now that would be nice. And KYWG is adjacent... Hmmmm.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Spam

Unit: GA-001

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 05:32:13 PM »

In Pennsylvania any of the HMRS activities lised on their calander count as sanctioned Ranger activities.  Most Wing oraganized activites outside of PA as "Ranger" trainnig count (though those I would verify with the HMRS stan/eval address before "counting it")

MK

So, our recent summer Encampment ran a week long (separate) advanced field medic course, Certified instructor, full purchase of training package, etc... Aside from the obvious benefit to the individuals, their units, and their communities (*ahem, foot stomp for PTC Sqdn.) should I brace myself now for a flood of requests to authorize tabs and rockers and other uniform stuff (which we don't recognize)?

V/r
Spam

PHall

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 07:11:05 PM »

MK

So, our recent summer Encampment ran a week long (separate) advanced field medic course, Certified instructor, full purchase of training package, etc... Aside from the obvious benefit to the individuals, their units, and their communities (*ahem, foot stomp for PTC Sqdn.) should I brace myself now for a flood of requests to authorize tabs and rockers and other uniform stuff (which we don't recognize)?

V/r
Spam

So what kind of certification did the graduates receive? And I'm not talking just CAP either.
Spam

Unit: GA-001

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 02:43:44 AM »

MK

V/r
Spam

So what kind of certification did the graduates receive? And I'm not talking just CAP either.

It was a CPR/BBP refresh coupled with WFA, same standards/texts as ALWG Wing ES School and NESA.

"Certification" is irrelevant, really, for anything beyond the training required for GTM3 self aid (since there is no such position as "Field Medic"). This really is an NCSA uniform thread, hence my question about the potential for this NCSA to start granting credit for outside work.

V/r
Spam

Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Encampments & NCSAs  |  Topic: Earning the Ranger tab outside of Hawk