Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2018, 10:03:38 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Emergency Services & Operations  |  Topic: Homelands security mission.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Homelands security mission.  (Read 724 times)
darkmatter
Forum Regular

« on: June 17, 2018, 04:54:29 PM »

Do any wings still participate in homeland security missions? If so is there away with WMIRS to see what wings do and don't?
kwe1009
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 05:33:03 PM »

Yes there are Wings that do HLS mission.  I don't think there is a way to see that in WMIRS.
sardak

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 06:01:01 PM »

1. Yes, there are wings performing HLS missions.
2. Depending on your permissions and quals, you can search WMIRS for HLS or any other type of mission, by mission type, e.g. HLS, or by mission symbol.

edit Expanding on my comments, there are 10 fields which are searchable, not just mission types, some with sub-fields.

Mike
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 08:37:33 PM by sardak » Logged
Brad

Unit: MER-SC-020

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 09:59:24 PM »

Search Mission Symbol A18, that's how we list our Homeland Security missions, we do them all the time. Easily found via the advanced search that lets you search out of wing.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Director of Communications
SCWG
K4RMN
etodd

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 10:33:51 PM »

Do any wings still participate in homeland security missions?

What types of missions are these (In broad terms, not details that would have the OPSEC folks screaming.)

Border patrols maybe? What else would HLS use us for?

(Edited to add that I just noticed our Army ATC training flights as well as JMAC testing are listed as HLS, which sure seems strange, but hey, thats the gov't.)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 11:05:54 PM by etodd » Logged
MS - MO - AP - MP - FRO
darkmatter
Forum Regular

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 08:03:57 AM »

Always wanted to partake in one but after looking at WMIRS there doesint they never seem to have a need for ground teams just pilots. Well atleast I know how to search for them now thanks.
etodd

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 11:22:05 PM »

Always wanted to partake in one but after looking at WMIRS there doesint they never seem to have a need for ground teams just pilots. Well atleast I know how to search for them now thanks.

Hence my question above asking what types of missions HLS entails? The ones I'm aware of are Air Force and one is Army .. so not sure how that ties in with HLS, but thats how they are listed. Maybe it has nothing to do with the mission, but is about how money is being shifted around to different branches of gov't. Maybe HLS is a "clearing house". LOL
MS - MO - AP - MP - FRO
Brad

Unit: MER-SC-020

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 02:10:04 AM »

Hence my question above asking what types of missions HLS entails? The ones I'm aware of are Air Force and one is Army .. so not sure how that ties in with HLS, but thats how they are listed. Maybe it has nothing to do with the mission, but is about how money is being shifted around to different branches of gov't. Maybe HLS is a "clearing house". LOL

Majority are air intercept training missions where CAP plays target for various customers to practice. See here: https://www.hstoday.us/federal-pages/dhs/cbp/civil-air-patrol-provides-viable-asset-bolstered-border-reconnaissance/
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Director of Communications
SCWG
K4RMN
waukwiz

Unit: GLR-WI-048

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 01:55:33 PM »

Advanced search in WMIRS can also filter results to show missions with Department of Homeland Security as the customer agency, this shows a couple different types of missions in support of HLS.
Cadet Cullen Mayes
Waukesha Composite Squadron
"Ok, how about instead of doing that, let's not do that. Ok?"
The senseless drivel in this post is Copyright 2017 by waukwiz. All parking spots are reserved. Vague and confusing permission is given to quote this post anywhere except CAP-Talk only.
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Emergency Services & Operations  |  Topic: Homelands security mission.