Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 15, 2018, 09:18:24 PM
Home Help Login Register

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: Do I have to apply to receive the Red Service Ribbon
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Do I have to apply to receive the Red Service Ribbon  (Read 1080 times)
Forum Regular

Posts: 112

Instagram Acct:
« on: April 27, 2018, 09:47:31 PM »

Am I awarded this automatically, or do I apply to receive the two-year service ribbon? I've been an extremely active member at all events including encampment and have promoted to chief in 1.5 years
Global Moderator

Posts: 10,464

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 09:58:02 PM »

If you have a sharp Admin/Personnel Officer, they will periodically review your record and notice that you are eligible. They will then do a 2a, get the commander's approval, file it, and tell you to wear the ribbon.

Otherwise, let your Admin/Personnel Officer that you have completed the time, and they should handle it from there.

You might be told that you need to fill out the form and submit it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Seasoned Member

Posts: 254

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 10:09:51 PM »

National is working on auto-award for Red Service Ribbon.
Cadet CoP

Posts: 96
Unit: RMR-ID-069

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 01:37:28 AM »

I got permission from my commander then just logged into eServices clicked on my name in the top right corner and went down to "service ribbons". You should be able to figure it out from there, if not PM me
Mitchell #68874
1st Encampment 2016 
2nd Encampment 2017
3rd Encampment 2018
C/2nd Lt, CAP
Too Much Free Time Award

Posts: 10,654

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 07:42:26 AM »

The question should be directed to your chain of command up to your unit personal officer or admin officer.

Units do it differently.
Pacific Region
Forum Regular

Posts: 188
Unit: PCR-NV-070

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 12:07:30 PM »

Notice that is says "previously authorized" service ribbons in eServices. For now, at least, you have to do the paper work as well. I hope that eServices can eventually be used for awarding service ribbons by those with that authority. I suspect that the fact that each wing delegates the awarding of service ribbons in different ways is a (fixable) problem.

Posts: 84
Unit: GLR-MI-063

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 02:23:13 PM »

I just did this recently.  In my case I had to print out and fill out the paperwork myself.  I then took it to my Unit Commander for approval.  He signed it and gave it back to me for my records.  I then put the information into e-services, where it went to him for approval again.  He approved it there and it shows up now.
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: Do I have to apply to receive the Red Service Ribbon

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.298 seconds with 25 queries.
click here to email me