Any experience with uniforms4u.com? (The Salute Uniforms)

Started by Starbird, April 09, 2018, 01:45:15 PM

Starbird

I'm currently in the market for a new service dress jacket, as my ancient old-style one is worse for wear/starting to fade, and I think it looks bad enough that I wouldn't want to face a board in it anymore.  Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about uniforms4u/The Salute Uniforms?

http://www.uniforms-4u.com/p-usaf-enlisted-male-service-dress-coat-14147.aspx

This is the coat in question.  The price is quite high, but I haven't seen my size on eBay :(
I'm cautious, admittedly, as there are no reviews/options to review items on the website that I can see.

Thanks in advance! :)

C/2lt Starbird

chuckmilam

Actually, that price isn't too far off from what you'd pay at base clothing sales. The USAF officer's service coat is going for around $180, as I recall.  I'd be curious to see just how much of a upgrade these coats are. 

My advice:  Try to find one within CAP channels if you can, save the money.  You'll outgrow your service coat a couple of times between now and senior membership.

Jester

That's twice what you'll pay at MCS for a new enlisted coat.  The officer coat is a commercial product, and the enlisted is a DLATS one.  Between that and the epaulets the enlisted coat doesn't have, it will be much more expensive (mostly due to the commercial product status).

Sriracha

Have you tried AAFES? They have a service coat for 180 there. I believe that's an officer's one, though.

kwe1009

At MCSS the officer service coat is $179.95 and the enlisted service coat is $110.80.  I recommend that you keep looking on eBay and this board for a service coat.  It is not a required uniform item so don't stress about finding one.  If you ask around there may be someone near a military base who might be willing to purchase and ship one to you.

MSG Mac

If you're in Southern NHWG, try the thrift shop at Hanscom AFB. 
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

HandsomeWalt_USMC

I won't get into the nasty details, but I will say that I have tried to do business with Salute and will never do so again. I was appalled with both their efficiency and abhorrent customer service. Everything they offer can be found more cheaply and more quickly obtained from other sources. Overpriced merchandise, slow processing and turnaround, nasty customer service employees. I urge you to avoid them.
HANDSOME SENDS

Semper Fidelis

"PRIDE IS CONTAGIOUS"