Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2018, 11:29:35 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: Current Uniform Insignia Sewing Cheat Sheet For Tailors?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Current Uniform Insignia Sewing Cheat Sheet For Tailors?  (Read 1122 times)
chuckmilam
Forum Regular

Unit: GLR-KY-216

« on: March 02, 2018, 09:58:15 AM »

Does anyone have an updated "cheat sheet" for sewing on insignia (ABUs, etc.) with simplified instructions and diagrams for sending along to the tailor?  I think there was something in the "Uniform Tips" sticky thread at one time, but the images there no longer seem to display.

Thought I'd ask here before I go and reinvent the wheel.  I'm about to take the plunge, try to overcome my OCD uniform issues (thanks, Cadet Program!  :D )  and just send my stuff to the tailor with instructions and hope it meets my standards when I get it back, so I want to provide as much clear detail as I can. 
NIN
VIP

Unit: of issue

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 10:06:28 AM »

send them to me,  Chuck.  My rates are cheap and you'll get them done right
Darin Ninness, Lt Col, CAP
Sq Bubba, Wing Dude, National Guy
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2018 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.
chuckmilam
Forum Regular

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 10:10:02 AM »

Can I get them back before next weekend?   :)
NIN
VIP

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 10:20:18 AM »

Darn.  Maybe? I don't hem trousers or do blue jacket braid.

If you get them to me by Monday,  I can likely get them turned around in 24 hrs.

But you're likely to have faster luck locally
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2018 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.
chuckmilam
Forum Regular

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 10:27:29 AM »

I'm fortunate to have a multitude of uniform sewing choices just outside the gates at Ft. Campbell, so I'll try locally.  If it doesn't work out well, I'll be in touch with NIN's Tailoring Service! 
NIN
VIP

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 10:29:05 AM »

"NINsignia"
kwe1009
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 11:46:58 AM »

I usually just print out the page from 39-1 and give it to the tailor.  That works about 90% of the time.
chuckmilam
Forum Regular

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 01:42:50 PM »

I usually just print out the page from 39-1 and give it to the tailor.  That works about 90% of the time.
These days, I don't trust the reading comprehension of anyone I'm not familiar with.  I ended up creating my own sheet from the various relevant pages of 39-1 and the ABU wear instructions, with particular attention on the 1/8 inch of blue showing around the insignia requirement. 
teenyphilly

Unit: PA304

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 01:55:40 PM »

These days, I don't trust the reading comprehension of anyone I'm not familiar with.  I ended up creating my own sheet from the various relevant pages of 39-1 and the ABU wear instructions, with particular attention on the 1/8 inch of blue showing around the insignia requirement.

Can you send this to me possibly? Would love to use it.
chuckmilam
Forum Regular

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 08:38:33 AM »

Sure, I can do that.  PM me your email and I'll send it on. 
hamburgee

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 09:51:33 AM »

Sure, I can do that.  PM me your email and I'll send it on.
I'm gonna PM you my email too if you'd send it to me too please. Thank you!
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: Current Uniform Insignia Sewing Cheat Sheet For Tailors?