Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 16, 2018, 12:22:04 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aerospace Education  |  Topic: New Book on the Shuttle Columbia Search
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Book on the Shuttle Columbia Search  (Read 578 times)
sardak
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« on: February 04, 2018, 12:45:47 AM »

This past Thursday, February 1, marked the 15th anniversary of the loss of the shuttle Columbia during reentry. In January, the book Bringing Columbia Home, The Untold Story of a Lost Space Shuttle and Her Crew was published. The book details the search and recovery effort, and the reconstruction of the shuttle to help determine the cause. I was involved with the search, though not through CAP. I just started reading the book and so far I like it.

One of the authors is Mike Leinbach, the launch director for  all shuttle flights from 2000 to the last one in 2011. The book starts by him describing his thoughts as heís standing  at the shuttle landing strip  in Florida and realizing that Columbia was late. Shuttles didnít land late. Co-author is Jonathan Ward, an author and speaker on space exploration. https://bringingcolumbiahome.wordpress.com/

Mike
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aerospace Education  |  Topic: New Book on the Shuttle Columbia Search