Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2018, 07:24:47 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: Waiver request
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Waiver request  (Read 936 times)
DrJim

Unit: SER-AL 90

« on: February 03, 2018, 10:14:07 AM »

As a new senior member pursuing Chaplaincy appointment I am curious as to the process for requesting a waiver for educational requirements since my schools are not on the "approved" list of schools.  Is there a standard form to make such a request? And, to whom should this be addressed?
arajca
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 10:39:29 AM »

Your best bet is to contact your wing chaplain. They would have the information on the process, including waivers if available, regarding the chaplaincy appointments.
DrJim

Unit: SER-AL 90

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 10:51:24 AM »

Yes, probably best source for information. Thanks!!
Fubar
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 11:46:46 AM »

Definitely best to check with the wing chaplain, but if you're looking for anecdotal information, I've heard of three people who tried to get waivers and all three were denied.
SouthernCross
Recruit

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 02:45:45 PM »

The grating of a waiver is the sole prerogative of the Chief of Chaplain, not the wing or region chaplain, as stated in the current regulation 265-1.

"(4) The Chief of the Chaplain Corps (CAP/HC) may grant a waiver to those who do not meet the graduate study requirement providing they meet all other requirements and present valid documentation of at least 5 years of full time ministry experience as a pastor within their denomination."

Form 35 has a box to be checked if the applicant is seeking a waiver, along with an explanation given for the request.
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: NAVAIRPAC

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 05:04:13 PM »

PM  Chappie on here. He is very in the know.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: Waiver request