Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2018, 06:48:49 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: Gift for Senior Member
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gift for Senior Member  (Read 786 times)
Razerex

« on: December 17, 2017, 10:07:21 PM »

My cadet is new to CAP, so I don't know what protocols and etiquette are.  There's one Senior Member in particular who is akin to the "wizard behind the curtain." She's always running around, all over the place, taking care of everyone, everything, and just does it all. Are there any rules, regulations, etc against giving gifts to Senior Members? I won't see her again until after the holidays, but I'd like to give her something, a small token of appreciation to say, "thank you for being amazing!" Any suggestions?  Thank you.
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 10:15:28 PM »

No specific rules regarding gifts. 

A Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts gift card is a nice token.

My wife is able to buy these with her company's logo on them and we gave several of them to CAP
members and Boy Scouts who helped with an activity.

https://www.amazon.com/Spinning-Airplane-Propeller-Letter-Opener/dp/B018ERDSCM

~$13 shipped.

Holding Pattern
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: Worry

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 10:40:54 PM »

In 1998 my father (a SM in the squadron at the time) got a marble paperweight from the drill team with the CAP logo on it and an "in appreciation from the drill team" mini-plaque on it.

It is still on his work desk.
MrsRoe

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 11:16:24 PM »

My cadet is new to CAP, so I don't know what protocols and etiquette are.  There's one Senior Member in particular who is akin to the "wizard behind the curtain." She's always running around, all over the place, taking care of everyone, everything, and just does it all. Are there any rules, regulations, etc against giving gifts to Senior Members? I won't see her again until after the holidays, but I'd like to give her something, a small token of appreciation to say, "thank you for being amazing!" Any suggestions?  Thank you.
We’re doing gift card and a framed photo of our cadet with the senior member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a new SM and mom of a CAP kid trying to figure it out one acronym at a time
Laplace
Forum Regular

Unit: SWR-LA-001

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 01:58:02 AM »

There's always the Fascinations Metal Earth CAP Cessna 172 Airplane 3D Metal Model Kit:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009UZ7CCK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  The Lobby  |  Topic: Gift for Senior Member