Recognition ribbon???

Started by biomed441, August 10, 2016, 05:17:02 PM

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on August 23, 2016, 04:10:32 PM
Quote from: GaryVC on August 23, 2016, 03:54:05 PM
In particular I think the unit citation ribbons are too high in the order of precedence. I have notice that for many members it is their highest ribbon.

Where else would you put it?  It's already at the bottom of precedence for "over and above" decorations.

You see it at the top for many because it's often being presented to too broad a scope of people.

Or because it is being worn improperly, by members of the unit who were not members at the time of the award.

Alaric

Quote from: Eclipse on August 23, 2016, 04:16:58 PM
Quote from: Alaric on August 23, 2016, 04:13:57 PM
What happens in 2018?

The ability for members to get their next promotion under the old requirements will expire,
at which time Level V will be required for Lt Col, making it 6 decs minimum.

Actually I think it will be 7; Yeager, Red Service and 5 PD ribbons

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Alaric on August 23, 2016, 04:34:36 PM
What happens in 2018?

The ability for members to get their next promotion under the old requirements will expire,

1 - Membership and former military grade.

JC004

Quote from: GaryVC on August 23, 2016, 03:54:05 PM
In particular I think the unit citation ribbons are too high in the order of precedence. I have notice that for many members it is their highest ribbon.

This is unlikely to change, since, as you can see in the charts above, it is how the military ranks those ribbons.

The Air Force order could be adopted by CAP, although it would kill simple lumped-together categories, as the chart above shows. 

The most radical change would be knocking the P.D. (PME in the case of the AF) ribbons down near the bottom, and moving service/"campaign" (like WWII service) up high.

We'd have to add a Special Duty category (or just adopt a single Special Duty ribbon like the Air Force).  The Air Force order is a little weird when using CAP ribbons, since some things are pretty different, lacking a clear equivalence.

If we adopted Air Force order, we'd have the Recognition Ribbon up right under the unit awards, before the mission service/"campaign"-type ribbons.  The military has a whole category for this type of ribbon (good conduct, etc.), but we don't, so mostly likely it would simply go between those two categories.  Like so:

That Instructor ribbon would go with the Special Duty stuff (unless we adopted a single Special Duty ribbon like the AF), with the Command Service, orientation pilot, CAC. 

The AF order could me made to work for CAP, tweaking a bit.

Alaric

Quote from: Капитан Хаткевич on August 23, 2016, 04:50:14 PM
Quote from: Alaric on August 23, 2016, 04:34:36 PM
What happens in 2018?

1 - Membership and former military grade.

Since we are talking about Lt Cols who need Level 5 I was presuming Duty Performance promotions, or even if they are prior service but not Lt. Cols.  For instance a retired major who wanted to be a Lt. Col. would have to complete all the PD to get the promotion.