Main Menu

SOS Testing

Started by Mathews, June 20, 2016, 06:46:29 PM

Mathews

Thanks to everyone here for the guidance. I've enrolled in SOS, and selected my TCF, about an hour away. I'm grateful to CAP for the opportunity to get some additional education in leadership.  I'll post again if I have questions as the process continues.

MSG Mac

I'm contemplating taking the AWC course. Any input?
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

kwe1009

Quote from: MSG Mac on July 10, 2016, 07:43:15 PM

Go for it is my advice.  This is the same advice that I give my Air Force troops.  If there is training available then take it.  If you find out that you don't have the time for it then you can either disenroll or just let the course expire.  It doesn't cost you anything and won't reflect negatively on you if you fail it or just don't have the time to complete it.  With that said, don't enroll if you don't think that you will have the time.

THRAWN

Quote from: kwe1009 on July 11, 2016, 02:51:29 AM
Quote from: MSG Mac on July 10, 2016, 07:43:15 PM

Go for it is my advice.  This is the same advice that I give my Air Force troops.  If there is training available then take it.  If you find out that you don't have the time for it then you can either disenroll or just let the course expire.  It doesn't cost you anything and won't reflect negatively on you if you fail it or just don't have the time to complete it.  With that said, don't enroll if you don't think that you will have the time.

Great advice. I give the same advice to my peers and subordinates. If there is training available, take it. It's only going to benefit you, make you a better educated citizen and give you tools to improve your performance at work and in CAP.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: LSThiker on June 24, 2016, 07:28:14 PM
Quote from: Mathews on June 24, 2016, 07:17:12 PM
While I'm getting such helpful information here, I'll ask another question: are CAP officers eligible to apply to the online master's degree programs offered by Air University?  The Air Command and Staff College has a master's degree in leadership online.  Or are we restricted to the standard distance SOS, ACSC, and AWC offerings?

Thanks!

Standard, non-degree distance learning courses.

Yes. What he said. But there are schools outside of Air University that MIGHT grant partial or up to full credit for the distance learning courses toward their degree programs. Also, the American Council on Education has come up with specific credit recommendations for some of the courses.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Mathews