Blues for interview

Started by Navybugs18, May 09, 2016, 11:08:40 PM

Navybugs18

Hello everyone!
Tomorrow I have an interview for Class Council (Student government) at school. It is a dress up interview and the theme is "When I grow up". So I want to be an Air Force officer. I was wondering if I could wear my blues with out name tag, insignia, ribbons etc. I've heard that you can do that since after you take those off, it is no longer officially a uniform. Is that right?
Am I allowed to do so? Please respond.

Thankyou,
C/TSgt Celina Guan

lordmonar

You need to contact your squadron commander.....not CAPTALK.

Do it now.  If the interview is tomorrow you are running against the clock.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Spam

Correct answer as usual from Lordmonar. Squadron CO is the right person to ask.

Couple of additional pieces of advice:

- You've heard wrong, very wrong, about taking off your insignia.  Never wear USAF style without the required name tag and other insignia. This isn't some sort of costume, or dress up game, where you can tinker with or play with the uniform as authorized. Either you are all IN the uniform, or all OUT.

- If at this late hour you can't reach your unit commander tonight, the right answer is: don't, without the express permission of your Commander.

Good luck on the interview, though, and best wishes for your career goals!  Please come back and post how it turned out!

V/R
Spam

Navybugs18

Thankyou for your replies. I will discuss this with my Squadron CO. I might just wear something else altogether! Thanks again!

vesryn

As with what the other posters have said, secure permission from CO.

Otherwise, business semi-formal won't fail you.
Eaker #3363
NYWG Encampment Cadet Commander 2018
NYWG Encampment '13, '14, '15, '18, '19

Sketch

CAP uniforms should be used only for CAP-related purposes. While I understand your intentions your goal should be to sell yourself in the interview, not try and have your CAP uniform do it for you. You would be better off just wearing formal attire and explaining what CAP is and how/what you've done in the program and how it translates to being a member of student govt. And yes I understand I'm late on this but I still think it applies in future situations.